Hi all,

Thought I'd start a build thread on my S15 to liven up the forum!

I bought the car approximately July 2016; it's been a bitter sweet experience thus far. The car has given me such joy with the nimble chassis and rear wheel drive shenanigans (read rotating the rear at every roundabout :p)

20171124_202050.jpg.69dfbc3ed8275c10912b610631a902fa.jpg

The story behind acquiring the S15 was one of desire of fun as I'd been burnt-out on my E30 restoration. I'd spend the previous 2 years buying tools and building jigs and tearing down an old BMW E30 to find it was beyond saving and I was beyond caring!

The S15 I own is a 99 JDM Spec R. It had the following mods:

- Apex-i Power FC

- HKS upgraded turbo actuator

- Upgraded dump pipe

- Pace maker down pipe

- 3.5" exhaust to muffler (Exhaust is droney as FCK)

- 350Z 17" wheels

After buying the car of a brothers friend for a good deal, I soon found the old girl needed a lot of love. First order of business was getting new tires, the current tires were bald - fitted a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3 (235/45/17). I rate these tires really well and have lasted well for 2 years; the rear set are due for change but that's due to my driving......

2 months in owning the car, the engine wasn't very responsive to throttle - Took the car to E-Tuner in Campbellfield VIC to be tuned. Spent 3 hours on the rollers to have the drivability issues fixed. The car had a boost leak fixed and the Power FC tuned properly. Car made 188rwkw and 178rwkw on safer boost setting.

thumbnail_GOPR0327.thumb.jpg.9da2ae902b51befe6b968e4a6ff0de4a.jpg

Soon after having the car tuned I had to change the engine mounts as the gear shifter flopped around - I chose to use Nismo engine and transmission mounts; those two items transformed the shifting feel!

Thus far the mod list on the car:

- Apex-i PFC

- X-Force twin tip muffler

- Splitfire Coilpacks

- Midnight mods turbo lines

- HKS turbo actuator

- FMIC

- ARC intake

- Walbro GS342 fuelpump

I'll be adding more in the coming days in other mods done to the car such as my own gear shift boot (made for less than $5).

The plan for the car is to get it cleaned up more and add parts that compliment the spirit of the car; my ideal direction is to make it in the spirit of a 911 GT3 or Shelby GT350R - I plan on making my own rear set delete with carpeting to smarten up the rear section.

Next mods on my list are:

- Whiteline sway bars front & rear along with major suspension bushes

- MCA coilover suspension (might go for the purple series)

- R32 GTR wheels - wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires

- Battery relocation to boot

If anyone has any questions about the car any of the mods let me know.

Cheers

Seems like you know what you're doing. Good luck adding onto this beauty

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, gilleuge said:

Seems like you know what you're doing. Good luck adding onto this beauty

Thanks mate! I wouldn't say I know what I'm do per say; just having a go at making the car suit my vision of the ideal S15.

Even though there is a large aftermarket scene for this car I feel the focus on it is very narrow with a main focus on it being performance; Looking for alternatives regarding interior parts and different solutions has left me thinking I need to make my own parts.

Edited by Burak Besiktepe