chris convertible

Constant power for S13 stereo

Hi,

My son bought a S13 SR20 Na auto that had the stereo stolen out of it when the previous owner owned it.  I found a list of wiring colour's on this site from a very useful post from 2010, checked all the speakers with a multi-meter and that made sense so wired those all up, then moved onto the power etc.  From what I can tell I need to connect constant power, switched power and antenna.  We also plan to run an amp.  So i should put Red with black stripe to the Constant power, Blue to the switched power and black with orange stripe to the control wire from the head unit and also connect the control wire to the amp to control the amp turning on and off.

I checked with a multi-meter holding the earth against the top of the gearbox and the blue cable gets power (only 11.5V which seems low seeing the car has a brand new battery but I do have a pretty cheap dick Smith multi-meter) with ignition on and not when it is off so that is fine but the red with black stripe gets 0 volts regardless.

So either,

1, I am wrong about constant power being able to be detected by the multi-meter so i should just connect it and hope.

2, There is a blown fuse - anyone have a fuse box diagram and know which fuse it would be for the constant power?  I found some diagrams and there is a 10amp Audio fuse but I expect that is the switched blue wire rather than the constant power.

3, Run a cable from the Battery to the amp with a nice big fuse near the battery as planned anyway and then another cable from the amp up to the head=unit and put a 10Amp inline fuse in it and use that for constant power.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

Hi,

I found that the 3rd fuse on the right hand side was blown, it is a 10Amp fuse and based on my observations powers the radio constant power as well as the interior light and clock as both of those were not working either but I hand't noticed.

Hopefully that info is useful to someone.

Thanks

Chris

Probably blew when old unit got ripped out

So everything is working now?

just so you know you can find fusebox translation on google and can also buy replacement stickers online

failing that google translate on your phone is your friend