Sign in to follow this  
negativecamber

lowered car + open diff suck ass

my car is lowered a fair bit and i scrape lots of things which i can handle.

what shits me is when i try to angle in or out of driveways and the car cocks its wheel like a dog hanging a piss! i have gotten stuck a few times with the 1 wheel spinning in the air but usually a few reverse/forward/reverse/forward manouvers get me out alright. today i got totally stuck and had to be rescued by a friendly motorbike dude who pushed the car untill it got both wheels on the ground again lol.

do you lsd boys n girls have these problems? its annoying when it stops traffic!

anybody else get my problem?

Yeah my 31 has the same problem ever since I put the coilovers in, even though it has an LSD it won't drive both wheels with one off the ground.

Got caught the first day trying to get out of my driveway, dad had to give me a push :lol:

Yeah first days was real bad but I've got used to it now. I still get caught now and again witht he wheel off the ground. My car is so stiff that even doing a u-turn on a slope will cock the wheel.

Its real bad having to get out and push

yeh, i hate it.... try to get it down/up on the right angle and you won't have any problems... ie. try to have both rear wheels in contact with something at any one point... easier said than done i know, but i've sorta mastered my driveway now, as long as there arn't any F uuCkers that park on the road... bl00dy (unts

yeh, i hate it.... try to get it down/up on the right angle and you won't have any problems... ie. try to have both rear wheels in contact with something at any one point... easier said than done i know, but i've sorta mastered my driveway now, as long as there arn't any F uuCkers that park on the road... bl00dy (unts

ARGH! I f**kING HATE THOSE BASTARDS! 3 perfectly good lanes are now 2! does this happen anywhere else in the world? aren't most people smart enough to realise that you park on the road if you want someone to hit your car, that's the only reason.

yeh happened to me before when i was running coilovers

i think it only happens if u have really stiff suspension like coilovers and an open diff

get a 2way, will solve all your problems :lol: . It's pretty funny watchin people look at your car wobble around on 2 wheels and also makes it easy to change a flat tyre if you dont have a jake.

my 180 started doing it towards the end, especially after the coilovers went in, wasn't so bad with the struts, apparantly helical's do it also but the diff in the s15 is awesome, havn't had it happen once

ARGH! I f**kING HATE THOSE BASTARDS! 3 perfectly good lanes are now 2! does this happen anywhere else in the world? aren't most people smart enough to realise that you park on the road if you want someone to hit your car, that's the only reason.

maaate, stones corner, worst place for that, even tho they are time zoned it's shit during the day trying to get through there, i'd feel like a complete f**knut parking in that left lane knowing well that it's going to f**k traffic up really baaad

same boat but not that bad. there's another thread where one of NS member has to park his car up the road at a public car park becuase of his driveway. He said he had to wake up at like 5 in the morn to top up the meter? :huh:

so think of him next time you get annoyed.

haha yeah ive gotten stuck a few times, its pretty embarrising getting out to push ya car back down the slope!

ahh, its all fun and worth it though :)

maaate, stones corner, worst place for that, even tho they are time zoned it's shit during the day trying to get through there, i'd feel like a complete f**knut parking in that left lane knowing well that it's going to f**k traffic up really baaad

i dunno hey. if you're driving to indropilly via towoong, you turn right at the lights to go towards towoong, but instead drive past it, there's a 2 lane rd where EVERYONE parks in the left hand lane. your 2 lane road is effectively 1 lane now, which is a pain in the arse itself, but the worst part is that if you don't know about the parker cars, you come around the corner and BANG! i'd probably got up to about 50 by time i got to the corner and nearly locked up trying to stop in time <_>

same boat but not that bad. there's another thread where one of NS member has to park his car up the road at a public car park becuase of his driveway. He said he had to wake up at like 5 in the morn to top up the meter? :huh:

so think of him next time you get annoyed.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! i know i shouldn't laugh but that's a good one :D

get a 2way, will solve all your problems :lol: . It's pretty funny watchin people look at your car wobble around on 2 wheels and also makes it easy to change a flat tyre if you dont have a jake.

Ha!! Not true!! It still happens with a 2 way!! My S13 still does it with my Kaaz 2 way, has done it since i installed the diff brand new

here ya go my fellow 3 wheelers. i was wrong he wakes up at 7.30 not 5, but still...

topic link

link is broken :(

damn i was hoping a tight shimmed diff could solve the problem some of the time.

i did try going out the driveway properly first off but my intercooler turned into a plough :(

As was mentioned previously, 2 ways won't give you any guarantees that it will avoid this scenario. For a clutch-type diffs to work properly, there must be some torque present for the gears to be pressed together. If one wheel is getting no torque (ie in the air) then the gears won't lock together properly and therefore you may not go anywhere. If you want guarantees that it will move then you either need a mini-spool or a welded diff.

mate i've never had this problem. Try approaching the driveway on a steeper angle and piss off that open wheeler.

i normally do but sometimes i cant go on a very steep angle cause other cars are there, thats when i get stranded lol

i could raise the ride height but then i'd lose street cred yo!

well i have never had a problem and havent been stuck anywhere, maybe i'm just a lucky one

my cars not that low so i dont have any problems

For anyone interested or having this issue still. A couple of clicks of the handbrake will help you get up these gutters and out of trouble. hahah

• Downvote 4

Probably from digging up an old thread :lol: and exposing to the world the old farts that use to post frequently on this forum... ohhh i miss the old days :wub: