Sign in to follow this  
B00sted180

Running rich after installing EBC

Hi everyone, I installed a Apexi AVCR on my 180 and every time I take it for a drive then turn it off it wont start again. There is a strong smell of fuel so I checked the plugs and they were dripping wet with fuel. I disconnect the injectors and let the engine run itself dry and starts up fine. I disconnected the EBC completely and ran just the actuator but no change. I'm wondering if it's possible that the ACVR has altered my ECU as I did reset it when I installed it. Its a SR with 740 injectors and Nistune or could it be another problem. Cheers

Maybe your Nistune has been dialled in with heaps of fuel if you accidentally over boost it and/or hit areas of the map that you normally don't hit.

Now you've probably fouled your plugs

The Nistune was running fine prior to installing the AVCR. Started having problems as soon as it was installed. Now it's still having problems even after disconnecting the AVCR. I haven't been driving it any differently then prior to the problem starting. I would take it to the mechanic to have a look at my tune and see if anything is wrong but was hoping that maybe it is something I was able to rectify.

Disconnect AVCR and see if it runs ok. From memory it will run on wastegate pressure, may need to check that.

I had a similar problem and it was the wires in the avcr harness were damaged and shorting out causing all types of running issues.

It was a second hand unit.

As Dose said, you'll need to replace your plugs or at very least give them a clean / light sand.

I've given my plugs a clean and disconnected the AVCR completely and now running it on the wastegate. Still having the same problems.

Did u tee the average into your fuel pressure regulator?

Avcr *** damn autocorrect.

Do you mean did I tee the avcr into the fuel pressure regulator?

I teed the pressure sensor to my pressure regulator. Thought that might have been causing the problem so I then used another place (think where the bov use to be connected) and still had no change. For some reason the avcr pressure reading wasn't changing on either locations. I've now disconnected everything and put it back to what it was prior to the avcr and still having the problem.

hah yeah i did. phone autocorrected :(

are injectors fucked or fuel pressure regulators fudged?

was thinking if you had a faulty FPR and sucking some vacuum off of that might of caused some issues.

i remember when i had a fauly FPR or injectors no idea which one was faulty, i think it was the FPR actually.

anyways, mine ran rich as fuck, and shit as hell. replaced the stock FPR and injectors with new ones, problem solved.

Hey man, take it up to Simon at Morpowa to check it out, it's not far from you and he will be able to fix it for you.

Hey man, take it up to Simon at Morpowa to check it out, it's not far from you and he will be able to fix it for you.

I take my car to Jaustech. They tend to look after me. I may have to take my car in for a look over. Was hoping it was something simple.

Just a follow up on this problem, I ended up taking it to the mechanic and since I had done nothing to my car since the last tune other then installing the AVCR they reinstalled the last tune. It fixed nothing and there was way too much fuel being put into the engine. I was even asked if I had installed bigger injectors since the last tune, it even baffled the mechanics. They ended up doing a new tune.

I'm glad I took it back to them. When they looked at my previous notes the engine had 200psi compression on all four cylinders and it was worked out to between 10:1/11:1 compression ratio. With the compression ratio so high 23psi of boost was still being squeezed into the engine.

With this new tune they weren't able to go beyond 14psi without some major knocking and when I got the car back it's been suggested to not push it too hard for too long especially under load and ensure to keep the revs high.

It still baffels me on what happened for it to all of a sudden change and have problems. It must have something with the installation of the AVCR but not sure what it could be.