Sign in to follow this  
Kyle O'Regan

how much boost on a factory s15 is safe

hey gays im taking my 2002 s15 spec s gt in to get a dyno im changing the injectors to 555cc and getting a nistune ecu put in how much is safe boost to take it up to and how much kwts is safe its its got affront mount on it and aftermakert exhaust its auto done 200000ks

I tend to run about 1 bar on the stock turbo, with a front mount.. anymore and it's pointless as the turbo is out of it's efficiency range and just makes loads of heat.

When the same setup is on E85, I usually put about 1.3bar into it with a strong actuator however it still bleeds down to about 1bar up top.

I hope your taking it to a good tuner, most I've seen have timing maps like this: 8888888888888888888888

Nice little trick with SRs is to shave a bucket load of timing at peak torque and ramp it in hard once torque drops.

Dose Pipe, have you ever tuned an S15 via Nistune with an upgraded side mount intercooler?

I'm hoping that 11-12psi would be safe with a stock turbo, injectors & AFM.

I always tell people to throw on fmics, if you must stick with a side mount best you install a fan on the side mount that's triggered by boost.

you can easily use a cheapie boost gauge without an output and trigger it once it hits positive boost and feed it to a relay.

you can pump 16 psi all day on stock motor.

smic will heatsoak pretty quick after 3 runs down the 1/4 so take that as you will in regards to heat soak timing .

a quality FMIC will do you well for future upgrades. if u can afford it, PWR make quality kit. along with some other reputable brands.

you can pump 16 psi all day on stock motor.

smic will heatsoak pretty quick after 3 runs down the 1/4 so take that as you will in regards to heat soak timing .

a quality FMIC will do you well for future upgrades. if u can afford it, PWR make quality kit. along with some other reputable brands.

only if tuned, the stock ADM is ok too if there is a told exhaust and decent fmic, but on the JDM ecu no way, you lunch a motor with Australia fuel, climate