Sign in to follow this  
steve_o

S14 sr20det in 180sx Running issues

Hey everybody,

I reach out in times of need to the forums. I have recently installed an s14 s1 sr20det into my 180sx. by a stroke of luck and a whole lot of errors i managed to get it all installed on my own.The engine is running, (poorly) but its only some tweaking left i believe. the issue is that cylinder 1 and 4 dont seem to be running. if i unplug the coilpack plug, the engine idle does not change at all, but there is a spark present on each cylinder. ive swapped packs over with each other and all new sparkplugs but the problem remains. ive also done a timing test and it is bang on. I then believed it was the injectors so ive installed a set of s15 injectors and the problem remains. ive tested all injector plugs with a noid light and they are all firing as they should. there are no boost leaks and im running a standard s14 s1 ecu. there is a constant 140+ compression on all cylinders. i have a walbro 255 fuel pump but when i put the old (possibly ca or sr20de) pump on i can hear a slight audible change in engine idle when unplugging cylinder 1 but 4 is still completley useless. the car seems to drive fine other then a whole heap of smoke on hard accelerating and a constant misfire problem. im completly out of ideas and really hope anyone could offer some advice thanks in advance!!

post-155448-0-53597600-1469673882_thumb.jpg

How's the fuel pressure reg??

Well I had the standard fuel rail in and the same problem was present. I swapped over to an s15 rail and injectors so I doubt both regs were faulty but I am leaning towards it being a mixture issue