Sign in to follow this  
fiberc

Where can i find this? (intercooler hose)

Hi,

I have this Greddy Spec M intercooler and this rubber hose is cracked. Where can i find another one?

intercooler.jpg

Thanks

Edited by fiberc

cant you just measure it and use some heater hose from any auto parts place

to be safe get something oil resistant just in case the previous owner or yourself have stuffed up the catch can installation.

to be safe get something oil resistant just in case the previous owner or yourself have stuffed up the catch can installation.

what exactly is the purpose of that hose? Can it be removed/blocked? I see some setups with no such hose.

Thanks in advance

IACV, I think?

Don't use heater hose if possible. Go to a hydraulic hose place and get something oil resistant.

The IACV pipe doesn't need to be rubber, and heater hose will not fail for a very long time if you have to run it in a bind. I've been running heater hose for that pipe on my car for ages, because I needed a pipe asap, and that was all that was availalbe with the right bends. Hell, mine is even a cut-and-shut job using a plastic double-barb garden watering system pipe because of the unusual shape needed for my oddball DIY intake pipe (barb on the intake comes off at 90 degrees since I was using a section of R33 piping to make it), and it still hasn't failed.

Just measure the internal diameter and length of the hose, and order a silicone replacement off eBay; take note of any angles too. Cut it to length and install with worm-drive hose clamps. Plenty of silicone pipes on eBay to choose from :)

FYI you need that pipe if running the Idle Air Control Valve, and the cars that have it blocked off will likely be track cars, where quality of idle is not a concern. Just replace the pipe with another one.

anything with an electric throttle body no longer requires an IACV ie P12/350Z 70mm throttle.

The throttle body provides this function.

thanks for your replies.

Ive disconnected that hose and the car still starts and idles as if nothing happened :S

Does it have to do with the fact that i have map sensor or is it irrelevant?