Sign in to follow this  
Galvanic

S15 diff swap bolts

I got a used diff for my S15 with a 4.36 diff ratio (ive got a rb25 gearbox) and Nismo centre

When i installed the diff I noticed that the mounting holes near the ABS sensor are smaller and I cant use my S15 bushings and bolts

I believe that S13's have the smaller holes on the housing, are there any other models?

On the diffs with the smaller holes are there any bushing/washers/spacers required or dose it bolt hard up against the body?

I could potentially use the current bolts with some washers but it would be nice if i could use the correct gear.

My S13 diff bolts to the subframe directly. Two bolts on the front, and on the back, 4 nuts/washers over the rear of the subframe to retain the studs. No bushes unless you have the S14-style cradle, as some S13s did.

Just bolts up solid to the front of the subframe but you need to get the bolts from a s13 or 180sx or r32

The rear of the diff will need you old diff hat if it already hasnt been changed to suit you subframe

Sounds like you got a s13 diff

Thanks for the info, the rear hat is fine as it bolted strait in and I just used some washers to space the diff the same that the original one was spaced and that meant that I could use my old bolts

Did some figure 8's to run it in and it's quite noisy at low speeds even with the clutch in, it just sounds and feels loose. I also noticed a low pitched hum coming from the diff when driving strait.

Getting sideways seem to be a bit more predictable now but yet to fully try it out