740cc nismo injectors

Z32 afm

Poncams

Power fc

3 inch through exhaust

Fuel pump 255l

Front mount

Atr28ss1.5 hyper gear turbo

I was expect roughly around 230-240kw with 18-20 psi boost but it's just staying at 160kw why would that be any ideas? I made 160kw before I put all these mods on

I've made that on a stock s13 running 10psi, so something isnt right.

Has your tuner said anything? AFR seem fine? Boost leaks?

It's got a de-cat. Tuner is going to leak test the intercooler system. But he said everything seems fine besides the car not wanting to push further than 160

Your "tuner" sounds like a rookie if you have to ask the internet for ideas.... I really hope you have not paid this guy real money.

As much as people here really know their shit... if some one who supposedly tunes cars cant help you I would be running far away from them.

Edited by Junny

drop the cat and do the run.. i.e. dump to atmosphere.. could be a shitty tapered down cat back

also S13/4/5 love VERY low timing at peak torque due to the long stroke.. you could add another 7 degrees up top compared to at peak torque..

he's probably putting too much timing at peak torque and the motor is knocking

for example of a S15 I tuned on 98

4000 8

4400 8

4800 9

5200 9

5600 10

6000 11

6400 13

6800 15

This is a new tuner I'm using but I think after he is done with my car I will take it some where else. Pretty bummed about it

This is a new tuner I'm using but I think after he is done with my car I will take it some where else. Pretty bummed about it

Having already established that he's struggling with the job at hand, surely you must consider him a liability? What happens if he messes up and causes damage? If I consider a business unsuitable for the task at hand, I'll pull the job and discuss fair part-payment for the time they spent [achieving nothing].

Did he mention why, as if he has half a brain he will be able to say, as in is it pinging that's limiting it,or is he putting timing in and it's not increasing power even though it's not pinging. As asked above what sort of afrs is he getting? What boost is he running?

Edited by scott black

So he got 220kw with 18psi. My intake pipe is creating a restriction and also my exhaust de-cat pipe goes from 3 inch- 2 1/5 inch tapper. so I will get a 3 inch intake pipe made up and exhaust pipe change to straight 3 inch

That's better and closer to the expected result. Did he say what the problem was the first time?

4000 8

4400 8

4800 9

5200 9

5600 10

6000 11

6400 13

6800 15

220KW now with these timing figures nice work

Johnnilicte

4000 8

4400 8

4800 9

5200 9

5600 10

6000 11

6400 13

6800 15

220KW now with these timing figures nice work

Johnnilicte

keeping in mind, this is usually for stock turbos. different ball park with bigger turbos and cams, and more boost.

^ good note for noobs :)

bigger turbo usually can pump in more timing as the manifold (exhaust side) pressure vs. inlet manifold pressure ratio is lower, larger cams, means less timing ramp as the motor is more efficient

Got the car retuned by a different tuner will post up dyno sheets. Previous tuner just messed me around

the car drives a lot more nicer and better but seems bit laggy. My VTC gear is cactus so that will be getting replaced soon and hopefully my response improves

img140.jpg

vct is about 500rpm earlier than non apparently