Sign in to follow this  
SWalker

Buying a 180sx need help

Hey been wanting to buy a 180sx for a long time now but as I live in Tasmania there isn't much help about. Recently went looking at one locally (don't want to travel to the mainland to find one quite yet as funds don't permit). I love the car but I'm not sure if it is worth the amount they have on it it has a black top motor with 220kw or so and is amazing to drive but the exterior isn't great and needs work mainly with paint and a few scratches etc. Also a few other things seem to be dodgy and has 180000ks. For 8000 grand (may be able to decrease that) is it worth it?

Do you have a mod list? Body work can be expensive so keep that in mind, 180,000km is getting up there if it hasn't been rebuilt, I'm sure it hasn't had a easy life either.. Like most sports/performance cars.

750cc Injectors top feed rail, full exhaust with X force cannon, 255 fuel pump, the front mount running 15psi and has been tuned to 212kw. White line sway bar at front and back. His roll camber and pedders springs at the front. Also full stereo setup. Really just needs a couple of small things replaced like the side blinker light and really needs a paint.

I'm leaning towards not getting it but it was just so fun to drive and coming from a gutless car like the celica although somewhat fun I really want to upgrade. I'd love to do a project or something similar but haven't got the experience quite yet. I can't wait much longer to get a Turbo car especially a Silvia 😂

Yea I think so too. Too bad there isn't much for sale down here Tassie is useless for that cars are too expensive. Gonna have to wait and get one from vic

Agree^ for me at 8k with a paint job needed is a instant turn off.

If I could get him down any lower how much you think? No way I was going for 8 but I don't think I'd even pay 7 honestly

Paint doesn't mean a thing. Has it had regular services? All oils engine gearbox diff? Water pump, cooling issues in past? Hoses not cracking? Rust in the boot under the spare, where the jack goes, under the sils, at jacking points? Does it leak water (rust under windscreens)? Does the loom look ok or been chopped up for a transplant and tune? Who cares about paint since people often polish a turd anyway. It's not overpriced if it's in good condition.

Once again as I wrote in another thread.. I guess some are a lot fussier than others.

You are right with checking for rust/seals/rails etc.