The Big Fist

Z32 vs Z33 Vs RB25 Vs ? Gearbox Options

Just wondering where do you guys actually get your boxes from? Do ya get them locally or shipped interstate/overseas? New or used?

What sort of prices should i expect?

Also, what year Z did the CD009 boxes come in, if i were to say, get one out of a wreck. sc s15 mentioned to avoid the earlier boxes.

Great info here, someone should do a conversion guide for the Z33 if they havnt already!

Received Maverick Motorsports kit. Adapter plate and trans bracket.

Ended up getting the Mazworks kit so the Mavericks is up for sale. Brand spankers still in box.

$750, cost $850 landed.

can you post up some pics of that kit thanks

Any info on a converion that actually comes out in the stock position... really want to go 6 speed in new s13 after driving around stock s13 but dont want to hack car

Just wondering where do you guys actually get your boxes from? Do ya get them locally or shipped interstate/overseas? New or used?

What sort of prices should i expect?

Also, what year Z did the CD009 boxes come in, if i were to say, get one out of a wreck. sc s15 mentioned to avoid the earlier boxes.

Great info here, someone should do a conversion guide for the Z33 if they havnt already!

https://conceptzperformance.com/nissan-oem-32010-cd00a-32010-cd009-manual-transmission-nissan-350z-03-06-z33_p_2887.php

$550 usd to ship to AUS.

Then 10% gst farken.

But it's new and no issues with dodgy second hand.

Received Maverick Motorsports kit. Adapter plate and trans bracket.

Ended up getting the Mazworks kit so the Mavericks is up for sale. Brand spankers still in box.

$750, cost $850 landed.

can you post up some pics of that kit thanks

Just standard kit, nothing amazing.

z33sr20.jpg

not sure what they are going on about machining the bell housing to clear the shift rod? wrong end of the trans. mines got reverse lockout kit. people are a bit unrealistic with what they expect. a physically bigger trans that magically fits with no mods.

Just the normal S chassis Nismo one I think?

I had to space the supplied gearbox crossmember down 10mm or so with washers to get it to fit properly. The tunnel needed some more bashing but I CBF pulling the box out again.

Thanks Sam, do you think a solid mount will be a problem ?

I had that on the old gearbox.

Happy days !

20160426_125800s.jpg

• Upvote 1

^^ looks great good luck with the install can you postup pics when u install it

Solid should work the same. I can't see any issues.

Which throwout bearing carrier do you use with the Mazworx kit? I had a bit of stuffing around with throwout carriers and spacing the pivot ball to get it right. I cant remember exactly which combination I ended up with.

Hoping the stock cd009 will work as that's what came with the transmission. I think there will be a bit of mucking around checking before final fitment.

Bit of an update. Big respect to ConceptZ !!

Paid for new Z33 box April 11, gearbox arrived today April 18. All the way from the states Arizona.

Maverick motorsports however, paid for the adapter kit March 21 and still not here...

What's the landed cost looking like? My 4th gear on my RB is almost gone so I'm thinking of doing this next.

What's the landed cost looking like? My 4th gear on my RB is almost gone so I'm thinking of doing this next.

$1695 USD + $550 USD Freight

+ I got stung 10% on import charges.

Work on $3K AUD + 10% of whatever you declare.

My thoughts as per SC's was that at least I know I am getting a new good box, not a dodgy second hand one.

• Upvote 1

Cheers for the info. You aren't on SilviaWA are you? Keen to know more details of what you are building.

I'm weighing up the CD009 gearbox option, however at this stage and power level I might just get my RB25 box rebuilt.

Yeah I am on silviawa as a total lurker.

Cars nothing amazing to look at. Only used for track days. Stock motor with cams, efr 7163 turbo, mca red susp, 33 brakes. Have cage, seat, wing waiting to go in and ve head.

Got too many projects on the go. Have all the gearbox parts sitting here doing SFA.

If it's not going to the track all the time I'd just rebuild the 25. At least you don't have to buy conversion kits etc.

Are you going to race in improved production? How do you find the MCA reds? That is something I am thinking of changing over from HSD HR.

Yes and no. Will be doing RAC and eventually, no limits. It is more or less a dedicated track car. Only so far driven to the SWA cruise.

As you can imagine, there aren't a lot of people building/completing VE conversions in WA. Andrew's from Hyperdrive crashed his apparently.

Aiming to enter Street Cars. Need more skills/confidence first !

IPRA is not that great for the little sr20's. Especially at Waneroo.

No limits is good to get some tuition but then do the YCOT / tuning days, they are great and much better value,

Where did you hear that the crashed his 180 ? I didn't make it to the last race meet but saw it in pictures and it looked great in it's new livery.

Reds are great, just upgraded springs to be stiffer. Haven't taken to Waneroo yet due to gbox.

There's a facebook page PerthS15. join up to that as a few more members are getting into track work now.

Andrew didn't crash his car, but at one of the meets, (I think the one before last) a butterfly bolt on his intake came loose and went through intake manifold and munched his engine. This was just after he set the lap record of 59.xx seconds around the Street Car class I think it was. I only knew this cause I was picking my car up from him tuning it a few months ago.

Last I heard he had the engine stripped and rebuilt and competed in the latest event. The joys of owning a workshop I suppose!

Whats the YCOT day you mention Big fist? I am always keen on track days. Money and car permitting.

I just did the RB gearbox conversion on my car, I previously had 300kw on a rebuilt S14 gearbox and it's still going in the owner of the car I sold it too.

I went for the Dellow kit, shifter sits in the factory position, no cutting needed, everything bolts up perfectly, though you need to have a custom made twin plate clutch. I also went with a brand new RB gearbox, rather than second hand or rebuilt.

Andrew didn't crash his car, but at one of the meets, (I think the one before last) a butterfly bolt on his intake came loose and went through intake manifold and munched his engine. This was just after he set the lap record of 59.xx seconds around the Street Car class I think it was. I only knew this cause I was picking my car up from him tuning it a few months ago.

Last I heard he had the engine stripped and rebuilt and competed in the latest event. The joys of owning a workshop I suppose!

Whats the YCOT day you mention Big fist? I am always keen on track days. Money and car permitting.

AH my bad, I was thinking of his other car from a few years ago.

I wish I had a VET.

Cheap WASCC membership. "Your Car Our Track". Have tuning days and nights, no timing, way more track time than any other event.

No instructors. I think this year they've renamed them to just "members tuning days/nights"

do these z33 kits alow the input shaft to seat fully into the clutch enough?

$1695 USD + $550 USD Freight

+ I got stung 10% on import charges.

Work on $3K AUD + 10% of whatever you declare.

My thoughts as per SC's was that at least I know I am getting a new good box, not a dodgy second hand one.

This price doesn't seem too bad then from Justjap. You're saying 3.3k (if you include gst, plus another 5% for customs?)

Justjap is $3,399 but I suppose delivery to WA might be added on too.

http://justjap.com/genuine-nissan-gearbox-nissan-350z-z33-manual-gearbox.html

They are doing the same and getting from overseas but via sea freight rather than air freight.

Making their money on the freight rather than the box I am guessing.

Finally started the conversion on the weekend.

I've taken a few photos but not sure if there's much interest in all of them.

Pics attached next to an old 6 speed s15 gearbox bell housing so you can see the size difference.

Bit hairy cutting into a brand new gearbox but I just took it slowly, checked and double checked.

received_10154408923270979.jpeg

received_10154408923345979.jpeg

• Upvote 1