Sign in to follow this  
stockblues15

R35 GTR AFM module P/N 22680-7S000

I'm not sure if it is generally known but the AFM module used in the R35 GTR is the same as used in a number of lesser Nissans (350Z, X-Trail, Tiida, Maxima, Pulsar, Navara, etc). The P/N is 22680-7S000. On eBay the GTR ones come with a picture of the smashed GTR it (allegedly) came from and they want 50% more for exactly the same part as a Pulsar.

The sensor is installed in various sized tubes for the different Nissan models, which makes the one sensor scale-able from the needs of a 1.8L NA to a 3.8L twin turbo (GTR also has an AFM per bank).

Anyway I ended up getting a 350Z module with the 350Z housing, or possibly a Maxima or X-Trail as the 22680-CA000 housing is common as well, for $90 total. The same asking price as just the module from a real (allegedly) smashed GTR.

Anyway something interesting for me to play with.

Been using them for a while. The housing depends on the scaling range (eg. 80,90, 100mm) with the appropriate air flow map.

I have been lazy and still using a 80mm pipe, which seems to be maxed around the 280-285rwkw on the dyno I have access to.

Much better than the Z32 AFM.

I'm using one on my RB25 and it is nothing short of amazing. All the problems with stuttering and reverb are gone.

It made 293rwkw in an 80mm Apexi housing and still had more in it I believe.

Yeah will vary between dyno to dyno - nevermind the RPM scaling as it wasn't setup.

f717a34d55.jpg

One way is that it only measures air flowing in, reverse flow isn't included. It's also a newer design so probably better circuit.

However I think it needs to be in a 4" tube to equal a Z32 for max flow.