Sign in to follow this  
shook

WOW - What happened?

So whats up guys?

Long time no topic.

I remember the days when NS.com would be "PEAKIN" (not sure if kids these days use that word anymore)... new topics daily.. weekly meets, events.. the works....

Edited by DUSH

YOO!! Was just thinking about this as well. f**king facebook has taken over and it's shit.

Can we please get this going again??

I remember the days when NS.com would be "PEAKIN" (not sure if kids these days use that word anymore)... new topics daily.. weekly meets, events.. the works....

fuck i haven't heard that word peaking in years! yeah this joint is a ghost town these days

HAHA MeRlz

Yeahh dafuq was i thinking back in 06?? LOL

Any decent groups on Facebook to follow?

there all a pack of twats on Facebook

fuck this place died in the ass some thing stupid

lol wahts this facebook business? haha, kids these days ! agreed, we need NS back up and running. and FFS get some images working again lol!!! its great to read a thread about progress with blank pictures ;)

facebook is fuucked

each hour there's a:

• what plugs do I use?
  • how much boost can I run?
  • what oil should I use?
  • can I install a Bee*R on my NA?

topic all cuunts.

btw.. I sell brake pads, dba rotors and hel lines... yep..

Edited by Dose Pipe Sutututu

Don't you miss all the good ol-Topics like... xr8 bonnet humps to fit s13/180sx bonnets ... engine swap conversions...

I don't like FB...

also I think most of the NS OGs have moved onto C63 AMGs, M3/4/5s etc...

Nissans were "once" fast.. they're now all slow and shit... and R35s are a little unaffordable.

Good example, a basic Golf R in stock trim, a reflash and good tyres will do 1m10s around Wakefield... a Silvia would need some coin thrown at it.. a boat Skyline would need at least 10k+ thrown at it.

also I think most of the NS OGs have moved onto C63 AMGs, M3/4/5s etc...

Nissans were "once" fast.. they're now all slow and shit... and R35s are a little unaffordable.

Good example, a basic Golf R in stock trim, a reflash and good tyres will do 1m10s around Wakefield... a Silvia would need some coin thrown at it.. a boat Skyline would need at least 10k+ thrown at it.

I had a golf R it was shit

I've moved into GTR's now but I still check this forum every now and then and every time I check it's still a walking dead ghost town

they might "feel" shit.. but they're quick around a track in near stock form.

A near stock R32/33/34 would be eating it's dust.

yeah i think your right around corners the thing handled really good mine had a fair bit of work done to it as well

never took it around the circuit but i ran it at the drags and put down a 12.7 which i thought was pretty shit, not long after that the mechanical fuel pump died in the ass

the day the new owner was going to pick up the car the mechanical fuel pump died in the ass and ended up costing me 1000buxs

so glad i got rid of that fucking thing

oh and don't even get me started on the GPS system in VW's, biggest piece of shit GPS takes you the long way and always gets you lost, takes for ever to work out where it is. must think the car is a boat that can float on water or an army tank that can drive in the bush

fuck sakes get your shit together VW

this is how I see it.. you want lap times? get a new car

you want to giggle like a little bitch each time boost hits, get a Nissan or a Toyota with anything xJZ-GTE

Facebook ruined forums, which in turn really imo ruined the automotive scene.

I was in alot of fb car groups and in the end i just go out of them, If you thought being a forum mod and having to lock topics and say 'use the search' was annoying to the people who were on the forum for years past and had seen the same question over and over you would not believe how many times ive wanted to punch somebody for asking the same boring question over and over.

Im still on a handful of forums and most of them that still have heavy interaction are smaller 100-500 heavy active users, anything that was once HUGE pretty much took a massive decline just as people switched to more instant-on social media, like to put it largely even some youtube video comment pages can see more comments than forums in a single day even big forums.

I think the attention span shifted from a forum being a place of discussion thinking before you write your questions/answer and now its purely facebook and youtube quickly fed information and people just posting 'where do these 2 lines go off my turbo'

A page that i often laugh at the repetiveness of questions is this - https://www.facebook...46092335574105/

It really wont take you longer than 30seconds to see a post that could be answered by a super simple google search or picking up the phone.

yeah ive been a member from 2004 !!!! thats 12 years now! i think all the boys from our times are moved to family 4x4s or more expensive toys like been said before ( c63 , m3/m4 , s5 etc...) i sold my last silvia in 2010 and didnt have one since then ( moved to family 4x4) but recently purchased another one just to sit it in garage and keep me busy doing something on it on weekend ( of there is spare time from the famiy) and maybe taking it to wakefield or eastern creek ones in 3 months :))

I think a big part of the shift to Facebook is the non-anonymous ePenis factor. Some kid posts their crapped-out hellaflush S13 with 215s on 19x10.5" rims, 50 dipshits 'Like' the post and reply with "omg luv ur wip fam xD", and the kid feels like a King. When he goes to a car meet, other kids see his car and know his actual name, as if he's a celebrity.

I spend very little time on Facebook, but every time I see a Facebook comment thread for some form of group, it always feels really lame. It's like overhearing an inane conversation on my train trip to work, usually involving idiocy and enormous egos. I find that forums tend to revolve around the topic, but Facebook revolves around people's egos.

oh im so glad i never got caught up in the facebook saga...... this sounds painful to be apart of.

i too have moved on from cruises and shanagins, family has come, but silvia stayed put! reason why im still here, so much information in the forums, just about everything has been covered to death, and its all valuable.

if this place died it would be harder to find stuff, and gotto read about the americans crap on about spinning their sr/ka's to 12000 rpm because they refuse to use rev limiters lol. :\

gotto agree with you Pmod, certainly ego among kids has a fair part of the problem! plus these cars are becoming ancient, so fan base is dieing.

everyone seems to mod the ft86.... stance life or some shit and the hectick 150kw.

I'm keen to start updating my supra thread but it feels like if I do no one's going to see anyway, I like this platform wish people would use it

Almost think it's time for a complete revamp of the forum

Gotta try something to get people back here

We all agree that it's a bit of a ghost town but no one is doing anything about it lol

Let's be honest it's allot less user friendly than Facebook and people are lazy it would need a app to maybe become mainstream, otherwise I think we have an opportunity to make it a smaller group of people as long as we post more regularly

Facebook is good for faggots and thats about it. Im an older bloke, not grey old but older and i still lurk the forums for info as needed and to give advice where i can. I no longer have a silvia, im a skyline fanboy now. I spend a fair amount of time over at SAU which is probably one of the only forums still doing well with a decent amount of traffic. They have a phone app and ever since discovering it, i would have to say that is the way to go for forums. Facebook may have taken over everything but people are starting to realise it's not the be all and end all in a lot of applications. I am a strong believer that car forums still have a place but obviously times have changed and ultimately forums have to change with it.