Sign in to follow this  
mynamesnic

s13 Qs electrical trouble. help an advise. much appreciated

Hey my s13 Qs sr20de blew a fuse a few days ago the one for dash an parker lights. Replaced it the next day an has been fine.

Yesterday it all came undone. First as i was driving a spotted dome smoke coming from the steering column surround so i looked for somewhere to stop. About 90 seconds later i finally get to pull over. The car ots full of smoke ( like plastic electronic fire ) an see some coming from the boot. Pop the boot an smoke bellows out. The right hand taillight loom is fryed a wire heated up an melted. The fuse for the parkers etc melted. An now also i have no tail light or brake lights. Then i put my right blinker on it makes the brake lights flash an i can hear a loud click for the parking lock when its in park. As its auto.

Any advise would be a massive help i cant work it out at all

Did you replace with the correct amp fuse before it melted?

drivers side front wheel arch - check loom, most likely shredded.

Hey thanks.

Turns out the fuse was wrong amp meant to be a 10 was a 20 in it.

Melted the wires on the right taillight crossed circuited them all.

Temporarily fixed till i get a new look.

Fist start of the car since a fixed it an replaced the parker fuse.

Now dash cluster bot working only have fuel gauge an clock nothing else moves or lights up

If you don't know the differences between your fuses and replaced it with one double the rating after it blew can I suggest going to a sparky to fix this (speaking as an auto elec myself) you're going to need to get another loom or patch it (I only recommend patching it if you know how to solder and what gauge wires you should be using) ;)