Sign in to follow this  
nedia

Speedo Calibration S13 SILVIA

Hey guys so I recently purchased a speedo correction kit from humming bird

I am having trouble wiring it,ground and 12 volt all sorted just the VSS wire...I am using the yellow with blue stripe wire to wire from the VSS to the speedo correction kit and the other half to the speedometer however nothing is happening

Is that the right wire to use? or is it another wire,the speedo was working but was like 30kms off and reading slow and as soon as i cut that wire the speedo stops working so im presuming it was the right wire..

there was another wire yellow and green stripe and i think a yellow black if i remembered correctly

car is a s13 nissan silvia sr20de,it was a auto previously but has been converted to manuel

any help would be appreciated

thanks

I can't comment on wire colours but i had same issue with the jaycar module on an s14.

I interrupted the signal path at the rear of the dash going to the speedo and the device couldn't recognise the signal.

Was wondering if i needed to interrupt the signal earlier or buy a Dakota Digital device from states.

Really needed an oscilloscope to check

I can't comment on wire colours but i had same issue with the jaycar module on an s14.

I interrupted the signal path at the rear of the dash going to the speedo and the device couldn't recognise the signal.

Was wondering if i needed to interrupt the signal earlier or buy a Dakota Digital device from states.

Really needed an oscilloscope to check

So how did you fix it,by using a oscilloscope?

Haven't fixed it, still to borrow/buy an oscilloscope.

Was wondering if someone knew who could confirm we're both interrupting the signal in the correct location :-)

I know on the CA18 that it is the yellow wire with the blue stripe, I can't confirm if the SR20 is the same.

Have you changed the settings on the hummingbird to allow for the correct input and output? I used a Dakota Ditigal calibrator when I installed a S15 cluster and it was fairly easy once I knew the correct frequencies to be selecting.

I know on the CA18 that it is the yellow wire with the blue stripe, I can't confirm if the SR20 is the same.

Have you changed the settings on the hummingbird to allow for the correct input and output? I used a Dakota Ditigal calibrator when I installed a S15 cluster and it was fairly easy once I knew the correct frequencies to be selecting.

Sup man

And yeah I used the yellow wire with the blue stripe aswell..as it should be that one im pretty sure

And ive played around with the settings but not too sure on the right frequencies

I'm just guessing a bit but I would expect most of the switches need to be in the off position. Switch 1 & 2 are the ones I'm least sure about but I could be wrong on others too.

Anybody happen to use the yellow and black wire which is the VSS ground or something?

middle plug behind dash

Any updates on this situation, Currently installing jaycar unit and wondering the exact wiring colors as well , I believe I want to cut the yellow / blue wire behind the cluster as this connects direct to the box sensor and install the 'calibrator' In / out along that wire, as in side from gearbox 'in' and other side of wire that continues to the speedo unit the 'out' signal of the corrector..... ?

Any updates on this situation, Currently installing jaycar unit and wondering the exact wiring colors as well , I believe I want to cut the yellow / blue wire behind the cluster as this connects direct to the box sensor and install the 'calibrator' In / out along that wire, as in side from gearbox 'in' and other side of wire that continues to the speedo unit the 'out' signal of the corrector..... ?

Correct, in line on that wire. Follow calibration instructions.