Sign in to follow this  
Haunted 180SX

New seat recommendations for 180SX

OEM seat has lost its support so looking for something new or near new (fresh foam), but not too expensive like a genuine new Bride seat and rails.

Has anyone fitted this 'Bride style' reclining seat & rail ($655) from http://www.option1ga...accessories.htm to their S13?

Any other recommendations for an ADR approved new reclining seat for similar or less money?

Thanks!

I wouldnt go for Brides let alone Bride reps, there's a reason why no car manufacturer uses them. Seen too many mangled after car accidents.

I would look into Recaro's or East Bear seats (the ones from the R34 GTR).

R32/R33 GTR seats are quite supportive too but still retain that OEM look especially if you own a Type X.

Either way all those seats can be found for around $1000 or under.

Not to mention OEM seats sit you in a better position for daily driving. A full blown bucket is only really good to use in a race car.

From what I read a GTR seat has a higher position than an s15 seat when in an s13. I have s15 seats and they are a pretty good middle ground.

I doubt those Option1 Garage seats are actually ADR Approved, given the sneaky phrasing "Tested to exceed the static test requirement for the ADR 3/02", in preference to "ADR Approved". My expectation is that they did their own in-house testing and nothing official, and I must say that I question how valid static testing is when in a car accident to begin with, even though it looks comprehensive enough on paper.

Refer to the ADR 3/02 PDF for the testing requirements of static vs dynamic (https://www.google.c..._Bl1XfA&cad=rja).

F2007C00113.pdf

I would personally go for used oem seats from whoever, or genuine Recaros. I recall that WRX buckets can be retrofit into the S-chassis, but that will very likely sit higher than stock. S15/GTR seats are always a good option.

i have Velo fixed bucket seats in mine, cannot fault them, however i wouldn't want to use in a daily driver.

stick with something easy to get in and out of, S15 or GTR seats would be great

I have east bear Sigma seats.

They are the same shape as R34 seats though i dont see them as being 'the same'

different fabric and they use bride rails, plus not a lot of options on the recliner.

I like them but they are hard to find and still somewhat aggressive for a daily seat, especially if you have your partner in the car.

In the past i had a bride digo type R and it was super aggressive for a recliner. a regular digo would be good IMO.

lol $550 for a fake seat what a joke.

You can go down to my local race shop and get a new FIA approved sparco for $399

Not sure if price is same wherever you are but I doubt it's far off.

If you really need an ADR tag, get a Velo $649 each and they're legitimately ADR approved.

Was having a snoop around a car yard the other day and sat in a Ford Focus ST which had Recaro seats. Haven't sat in race style seats before to compare but OMG I sat down and instantly came in my pants.

I picked up a pair of r32 gtr seats for $250 a couple of years ago then covered them

as others have said dont go for a copy seat and i woudn't use bride seats they dont stand up well in an accident.

find a 2nd hand recaro with recaro rail and make sure you use high tensile nuts and bolts.

if you go anything from a skyline you will need to mod the rail slightly to make it fit properly if you do this make sure it is done right. if the seat or the rails fail in an accident it is your back or worse still your life that will suffer.