Sign in to follow this  
MoJizzy

E85 question + another thing

So, my car is tuned and has been running on E85 for about a year now, runs well, no problems at all however I was wondering if some of you with experience could enlighten me a bit.

What I was wondering is would it be ok to say put 10 to 15 litres of 98 in my car and just idle it or drive around the block a few times off boost to get some ULP through the fuel system? Reason I ask is I've seen some some posts on forums about gunk building up in the injectors and around the valves.

I've been using lucasoil e85 stabiliser for ages with every tank as well.

Also I've noticed every now and then the breather/re-circ hose on the rocker cover has come off, is that from excessive crank case pressure? There's no oil spraying anywhere and the dipstick does not move.

Cheers

The gunk is the E85 loosening up all the garbage that's in your tank, and running it through your pump, filter, and injectors.

My suggestion is change your fuel filter much more frequently, and clean out the teabag that hangs off the bottom of the pump.

I've been running e85 for years now... all my filters/regs have been perfectly clean, never found any particles, gunk or any other kind of buildup.

Running them weekly is important. If you maintain your car and drive it regularly you will be fine

Thanks for the replys guys.

Yeah I have already done the fuel filter once and oil and filter as well. I thought it may be of some benefit to run 98 but sounds like it not's necessary.

Anyone got any ideas about re-circ hose being blown off?

Thanks

Have you got a catch can ?

May be setup wrong or your Pcv is blocked

If not worst case is you have excessive blow by and worn piston rings

Check your compression if others check out fine

Thanks for the heads up mate,I don't have a catch can so I might get a compression test done. Would high boost affect this issue?

Yeh 22psi unopened motor, could be the beginning of the end eh, hehe.

Yeh 22psi unopened motor, could be the beginning of the end eh, hehe.

yes fine to mix 98, car will run richer but if you have a wideband or narrow band on closed loop o2 you'll be able to cruise in stoichiometric.