Sign in to follow this  
JoELMaN

S14 Seatbelt Assembly - Help Required

Hi all,

I have a simpleton question regarding where the front seat belts mounts to the B-pillar.

I need to know what washers/spacers I need and how they all go together to enable the bracket that holds the belt to still swivel.

Ideally it would be good if someone could remove the bolt and measure the washers, but any help is appreciated.

Cheers

20150927_175443_zpse4l1slom.jpg

dont know about s14, but on s13 there are specific washers for this. might still have some around the place to take a photo. they are a machined spacer, with a thin section that fits inside the hole so when its torqued down it doesnt crush the assembly together and immobilise any movement.

this is something that i wouldnt just 'wing', i would go to a wrecker and buy the $5 worth of spacers because down the line somebody elses life might depend on it.

Yeah I figured there was a stepped spacer of some sort. Some pics would be great.

I don't want to have the buy the whole seat belt assembly just to get these spacers.

I have some spare S14 front seatbelts I've been meaning to sell. I'll see if I can find them and check it out for you.

Refer to the pictures for measurements:

IMG_20150928_121818.jpg

IMG_20150928_122244.jpg

IMG_20150928_122438.jpg

IMG_20150928_122522.jpg

IMG_20150928_122631.jpg

IMG_20150928_122650.jpg

IMG_20150928_122709.jpg

IMG_20150928_122733.jpg

IMG_20150928_121832.jpg

Wow I am missing a whole heap!

Are you willing to part with just the fixing components?

Problem is it would then be harder for me to sell, and from memory I only have a bolt for side anyway. You're welcome to come and check out the pieces if you like; perhaps remove a bunch of seatbelt retention parts from Pick n Pay Less first, then compare them to the originals and machine to suit. Think I only have the bolt for one side anyway, but belts for both or something. I bought the S14 belts with the intention of replacing 180sx belt parts with them, but they were too dissimilar.