Sign in to follow this  
Jumunji

Please Help With S15 (200sx) System Setup

Hey guys i am looking to upgrade the sound system in my 200sx but I need help with a few things.

Firstly on the stock headunit there is a little red with the word security written underneath it, there is also howevera little black device on the dash which flashes when the immobiliser is locked. My question is do I need to do anything when changing out the unit, as in do I risk locking up the car by changing the headunit.

Secondly with the headunit I was looking at the following (http://www.ryda.com.au/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=MVHX375BT) was just wondering is someone could PLEASE show me where I can get a 2001 200sx S15 wiring harness so I don't have to cut into the stock harness.

and lastly could someone please advise the speaker size for the parcel tray I have heard that they are 6.5"?

I have searched the net for answers but haven't found any concrete answers.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Jumunji

Hey mate

Removing the headunit won't effect car immobiliser it is simply saying that the standard CD player has a code so people won't steal it. Will also need a code if battery disconnected

Jb hifi or ebay are your best bet if you can't do the wiring yourself. It is quite easy to do. Perhaps research how to do it before you justify spending $50 on an adaptor lead

And I'm unsure on speaker size but you can take and measure them or take them to an audio shop and then they can compare. Best research is by doing things yourself, you'll be surprised at what you can work out when you put your head to it

Hope this helps

U can get wirng looms on ebay, lookup

ISO pioneer loom and ISO 200sx wiring loom, that should get u started.

Also, there is much better pioneer head units available, I recommend the pioneer deh80prs, search amazon aswell as ebay for the best prices. Can get them for about 250 and the sound quality is bullshit amazing. Blows all head decks I've ever used clean out of the water.