Sign in to follow this  
billywhiz

no continuity, headunit harness connector

Headunit in mainly track car was bust a while ago, connected up new headunit and found 3 of 4 speakers not working.

New headunit is capable of sending signal to all four speaker.

In checking continuity at the oem harness connector, good for working speaker, broken for other 3. Where is the next easiest/ best place to check the signal path again, should I remove body trim and jump all the way to the speakers next?

perhaps you have the wiring wrong on the back of the head unit?

check the connection on the back of the speaker.

Cheers Danny, was in a rush and forgot speaker terminals are readily accessible from boot (only speaker removal requires parcel shelf to be lifted)

Failed continuity test across speaker terminal, working speaker's continuity was successful as is loom to failed speaker (double checked by swapping speakers round)

seems coincidently, majority of 20yr old speakers have simply died while not in use, initial power on.

picked up some cheapo speakers in the ny sale which at least are no worse than the old oems

if your not looking for big sound and doof doof music, then the cheapest speakers you can find will do the trick. In my 180sx I found rear speakers (OEM ones were stuffed) for $18 for the pair, they worked a treat!