Sign in to follow this  
tonez__

wire identification

hey guys, can someone please help me identify this plug/wire. its on a 1995 blacktop non vct 180sx in the steering column behind the steering wheel. originally this car had airbag but previous owner installed aftermarket wheel and bosskit and didnt hook up the horn.

20141206_112226 (1280x720).jpg

i assumed that this brown plug was for the stock air bag steering wheel. what wire is the green with white stripe? i tried to leech power from that wire and didnt go as planned. now there is no power coming from that wire. also tested horn relay and no click. fuse is ok. not sure whether relay was already buggered or has something to do with me.

i can seem to find a wiring diagram on google.

Edited by tonez__

It may not necessarily be a stock plug, given the appearance of it. I suggest you unwrap the black electrical tape from the loom, then map everything out referencing the attached PDF. If you download the CA18DET manual (http://www.silviansw.com/manuals.php) (http://180sx.strent.net/) and go to the EL section, all the information you need should be available there. You can look at the S14 manual too, however the S13 CA18 one should cover all the interior plugs just fine.

S13 CA18DET - Plug layout.pdf

Thanks for the link pmod! Will check it out when i get a chance to. Also forgot to mention that i have a sr20det black top. So would the ca18 manual relate?

For the interior wiring loom, I refer to the S13/CA18 manual. For engine bay stuff, I'll usually look at the S14 manual.

My 180sx also runs a Blacktop non-vct SR20DET.

Only reason why i thought it was the standard airbag steering wheel plug because of this pic i found on google

20081121229.jpg

Also another thing. It may just be a coincidence. But ever since i got the horn working. My engines been idling very weirdly. My boost gauge used to read -9.9psi and about -8.4 with A/c on. Now is running -8psi. And -6.4psi with a/c. I highly doubt that this was cause by me installing horn but i dont want to rule that out just yet.

What did you do to get the horn working? Run any wiring in the engine bay and disconnected a vac line by accident? Play with the horn itself in front of the radiator and had a loose hose clamp on an intercooler pipe so the pipes came off or anything dumb like that