Sign in to follow this  
Orphan

Good workshops on Brisbane northside for vehicle inspection?

Hey guys,

I'm keeping my eyes open for a tidy S15 and was wondering if anyone can recomend a quality workshop to do a mechanical inspection and compression test on any potential purchases. I have previously used German Auto's in Geebung but figure a workshop more familiar with S15's may be the go.

Thanks

Drift king performance/ macs mmufflers his quality is awesome and wont lead you on. Best of all won't drive your unless it is required

Don't live in Brissy so no input on shops, but you can buy a compression gauge fairly cheaply (e.g. http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Stanley-Compression-Tester.aspx?pid=12574#Recommendations), and just run a test on their front lawn. If it checks out, then you can organise to take it to a shop.

Cheaper to do it yourself and imo saves time for both parties. All you do is remove the fuel pump fuse, remove all the coilpacks, remove all the plugs, open the throttle and crank the car say 5 times with the gauge connected to the first cylinder. Repeat with the gauge connected to the other 3. If the results are good and consistent, then proceeed to get it inspected once you've put everything back to normal.

Don't live in Brissy so no input on shops, but you can buy a compression gauge fairly cheaply (e.g. http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Stanley-Compression-Tester.aspx?pid=12574#Recommendations), and just run a test on their front lawn. If it checks out, then you can organise to take it to a shop.

Cheaper to do it yourself and imo saves time for both parties. All you do is remove the fuel pump fuse, remove all the coilpacks, remove all the plugs, open the throttle and crank the car say 5 times with the gauge connected to the first cylinder. Repeat with the gauge connected to the other 3. If the results are good and consistent, then proceeed to get it inspected once you've put everything back to normal.

Don't think most guys would want some chump pulling half their car apart on the front lawn. I know I wouldn't let someone do it.

Don't think most guys would want some chump pulling half their car apart on the front lawn. I know I wouldn't let someone do it.

I know what you mean, but I haven't really had any issues with running tests when required... depends on the chump and their attitude I guess. I'm respectful to sellers, however my attitude towards the relationship is that they need my money, but I don't need their car. I won't have my time wasted and I won't put up with any bullsh*t, so if I'm inspecting a car and the owner objects to what I consider reasonable tests that I've explained in full, then he misses out on a sale.

I let guys do it, if u wanna sell ya car you'd have to understand people will want to do a test. I'd rather do that then take it to a shop. If it's on the south side I'll have a look for ya. You can tell a hell of a lot about a car buy looking at the small detail/ talking to the owner and driving it. But I'm a wise old man lol

East Coast would really be the only shop id suggest, never had a drama with Rob and Ben.

as for comp testing its a good thing to do and gives you an idea on what sort of condition the internals are.

however you dont have to remove the fuel pump fuse, all you do is disconnect the CAS and it wont fire.

good luck in your searching for a good s15! they are a great car :)