Sign in to follow this  
hYu

Connecting factory central locking into aftermarket alarm system

Hi everyone,

My S13 got vandalised the other night... so I'm motivated to install my aftermarket alarm system ASAP :P

The biggest hurdle for me so far is hooking up the alarm control unit to the factory central locking module.

I believe on my car, there are 2 wires coming out of the actuator or the control unit INSIDE the door as opposed to the other kind which has 3 wires.

Has anyone here been able to successfully hook up a aftermarket alarm to their S13's central locking?

I would like a proper hookup where the alarm control unit ELECTRICALLY connects directly to the S13's factory central locking module, and not a dodgy mechanical workaround where an aftermarket actuator is hooked up to the locking mechanisms and links inside the door, which when triggered to lock/unlock in turns triggers the factory central locking system accordingly. I think it's dodgy and prone to error.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Tony

Edited by hYu

The 2 wire actuators require reverse polarity to reverse direction. I found it better to remove the factory central locking and just use the alarm system fob.

It could be done, you'd just have to sit down with a multi metre and perhaps a diagram of the alarm system you have, and work it out.

To answer your question - no I have not done it, I think that you're going the wrong/long way about it.

and can it be done? - yes it can, you've just got to know what your doing. If your unsure, take it to an auto elec or just leave it alone.

S13s, from all the ones I have worked on, do not have an actuator inside the drivers door which is why you need to fit an aftermarket one. All that is in the drivers door is a switch that opens and closes and tells the factory module when the door is locked/unlocked and then replicates that on the passenger side. So when you fit an aftermarket actuator it obviously moves this switch as well and thats how aftermarket will integrate with factory :)

He says he has factory central locking already. Which means there should be an OEM actuator already in the drivers door.

The factory central locking system I had was attached to the door under the card. It spliced into Battery, IGN and GND from the power window switch harness. The door actuator was fitted and had 2 wires going to the OEM module, as well as 2 wires for the door unlock sensor (switch) which it T'ed off to the module. The factory central locking only operated from the key FOB, there are no additional lock/unlock wires going to the module for an external alarm to operate.

Some aftermarket alarms have the ability to monitor the factory remote (with the right connection) and arm/disarm when the factory remote is used to lock/unlock the door. However you have to be very careful to use the actuator signals rather than the door unlock sensor signals, as forcing the door lock may simply cause the alarm to disarm.

You can also wire up a "flow through" central locking configuration allowing you to lock/unlock both with the alarm FOB and OEM central locking.

alarm-central-locking.png

However all of this depends on what capabilities your aftermarket alarm has, and if you can work out how to connect it up.

Yeah they have 'central locking' that only works by turning the drivers door lock.

Yeah they have 'central locking' that only works by turning the drivers door lock.

Ah,OK. :)