Sign in to follow this  
Stuss15

New s15 clutch fan hub.

Where can I get a new clutch fan hub thingy. I think mine is cactus. When I come in from a session my car won't drop temp from 90degs. Or could it be something else.... Also after 3-4mins flat out my car will see 95 degs. Have bigger koyo rad/fan shroud/ sard lower temp thermostat.

Ideas? I'm in qld, track temp was 65 degs and air temp around 28, intake temp around 50.

I just installed thick alloy radiator, new water pump and thermostat yesterday and the car loves sitting on 85 degrees now. I would say thrashing it in 30 degree heat it'll see 90-95. I just hope I don't have to run the heater anymore in summer on the track to pull a few degrees out cos that sucks ass big time lol.

Old man thinks faulty stat, as it takes ages for temps to drop too. What are symptoms of a bad water pump? It's not leaking or anything...

Old man thinks faulty stat, as it takes ages for temps to drop too. What are symptoms of a bad water pump? It's not leaking or anything...

Not sure, mine was leaking coolant so knew it was stuffed. Sure you haven't still got air in the system. Sr20's are so shit for getting all the air out of the system, took us ages yesterday to get it all out.

I lifted it up at the front, ran it and blead it ages ago when I put the stat in. Only has a drama at the track so I don't think it's that. It use to run under 90 all day at the track so not sure :(

What have you done to the car recently that could increase running temps.

Sard thermostat last May but never got to race it in the heat. Going to get a stock one to try :).

Won't a stock one make it run slightly hotter ?

I was thinking about the nismo one but just went tight ass and got a stock Nissan one.

Apparently but that's the only thing I changed ages ago and it was all bleed fine . It's only when I'm on it at the track that it goes up.

Wonder what Callum n the track guys run...

You got an air diffuser panel ?

Flick a few pm's to the track racers on here and see what temps their cars usually run at out at QR on 30 degree plus days.

Do you mean like the thing that doesn't let it spin more than a certain speed? I got one come take it for free, in Sydney.

Can't see your location

replace the thermostat, they're cheap enough.

Tridon now have released a lower temperature high flow range. I use them and they work pretty well.

Edited by Johnnilicte

I used it at the start of the year an it ran 2 degs hotter than standard. but will give it ago. Bench tested my sard and it seemed ok.

When my water pump was f**ked, I'd get dangerously warm temps at idle (like 95), especially in traffic because the coolant flow was drastically reduced. But conversely my temps while driving around were okay-ish because the higher RPM gets the pump impeller spinning more (or what was left of it, as it had apparently degraded to the point of nonexistence)

That's just normal road driving tho. Track would probably be a different matter, it would've tapped out pretty quickly I'm sure.

Edited by Skepticism

Yer that is tru. Maybe I just expect to much lol. So everyone plz don't hate. I removed my stat as a test to see if it was my stat playing up. The car ran at a max of 93 degs today and didn't rise aggressively. I entered the warm up lap at 70 degs. I'm guessing my sard wasn't up to the task and may have been playing up. Might throw a stock nissan stat as this seemed to perform the best. Running no stat would be silly in any other situation. I used the housing to restrict flow but pulled the guts out.

I've got one of the GK Tech higher airflow fans spare Stu, I never had a chance to fit it before I blew my engine. Make an offer if you want it and I can courier it down to you.

I already have one and if I had a stock one is put it back on. I think there no better than stock :( based on my experience

stuss i have the same issue and i'm pretty sure it is the viscus center, I have a bigger rad, all sealed up the the rad to rad support. when the temps are at 30 i can't get the car cool. when the temps are 25 i can run the car as hard as i want and only reach 93.

was talking a a few skyline boys who had the same issue and this was the fix Taark sells them new.

Hey guys didn't want start a new topic for this because its kind of related.

What causes the clutch fan hub to kick in early mine seems to engage early with just normal street driving outside temps around 25-30.

Bad clutch fan hub?

Thanks

Try it an let me know :P, I went a dodgy way about keeping temps down but it'll only be temporary.

I'm still skeptical about fans causing overheating at speed... I can't see the fan's CFM being anywhere near the ambient airflow at 80 k's.

Yer, I agree. I'm going to try a Nismo stat. My gutted stat worked a treat. I'm going to put it down to my thermostat. I don't believe it flowed freely enough when it was full open.