Sign in to follow this  
mvp.07

Fuel pump not getting power

Finished putting the car together tonight ready for tomorrows tune, went to start it but only cranks and doesn't turn over! Couldn't hear fuel pump prime on ignition so checked the fuse in the drivers side foot panel and is good. Then tried seeing if there was any power at the fuel pump plug to rule out dead fuel pump, couldn't get plug off seems to be fused on so spliced into wires with a multimeter, no power through wire.. The only things left i can think of is the relay (located?) or ecu. How would i test these as there's no power getting down to actual pump. Is there anything else i should check? Thanks in advance

immobiliser?

I would have thought the fuel pump fuse would be in the engine bay but I dont really touch the sparky side of the car.

check the output from your ECU.. I installed a Nistune last year and the ECU given to me had a blown fuel pump relay circuit. Car started with the fuel pump output grounded.

Fuse is in cabin

Relay is in the engine bay

Did you change the ECU to an aftermarket unit? If you go a power FC then you will need to change the fuel pump wiring on the ecu plug. if you are using a JDM oem ecu on a ADM ecu car then the fuel pump pins most likely are not in the right place.

As mentioned. check the ecu pin output is working, then move to the fuse and relay etc.

Brief history: When I bought the car I saw it running before owner kept some parts including turbo side and power fc. I then used an old s14 ecu i had laying around and got ECC to swap a nistune board (type 4) from a friends type x into which i plan on running.

I assume ECC would have known if it a blown fuel pump relay circuit as they loaded a base sort of map so i could start the car for 550 injectors and z32 afm. Is this a fair call, not familiar with how nistune works.

Fuse in cabin (15A) is good, bench tested relay next to it (4 black wires to it, 2 white stripped, 2 yellow striped) and relay tested good.

How do I test ecu pin? Also as for fuel pump pin, I've read various thing with a possibility of pin 18, 104, 106.

Which relay is in the engine bay, i thought there was only one in cabin next to fuse box?

Hey Mate,

Ok i think i see what your problem is. the guy u got the car from would have modified the ecu plug pins to suit the power fc. Alternatively he might have swapped out the whole ecu loom for a japanese s14a version ecu loom. I think you might find that he has just changed the pins around.

The problem is that the Apexi Power FC seems to only come in a verison that suits the JDM version of the S14a. For some crazy reason nissan decided to change the pin layout for the ADM version of the car, possibly to anoy us or perhaps for some sick joke they wanted to play on us.

i have just recently been playing around with ECU's and had this same issue. if you have a stock s14a, australian delivered, sr20det, then a modified nistune ecu (adm type) will plug right in and work fine (once tuned) assuming you have stock unmodifed ecu wiring.

Since yours has been changed to a Power FC in the past, you will need to return the pinouts on the ecu plug back to their stock ADM locations. This will be for the fuel pump relay output and crank angle sensor polarity.

See my topic that i created on this to change from stock ecu to power fc. you will basically just need to do the reverse of this to return it back to stock. see the ecu pinout diagrams for help. i only had to move one pin on the ecu plug and two pins on the CAS unit on the motor.

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=459974

• Upvote 1

i had the same problem - mine was the immobiliser i later found.

i hard wired mine from the relay under the fuse box and ran the power direct to the plug worked a treat

Thanks for all the help, all sorted now. Would have been scratching my head for day but was as jrocket mentioned for anyone with similar issues in the future.

Thanks for all the help, all sorted now. Would have been scratching my head for day but was as jrocket mentioned for anyone with similar issues in the future.

Awesome. glad it worked out for you. :)