Sign in to follow this  
Traditional

Who else has a stock Oil Cooler (or not so much) on their SR?

Was speaking with a friend earlier today about my SR as I've got a new hose kit as one split, and I was talking about how mine has an OEM Oil cooler/coolant pass through thing on my motor, he said he'd only ever seen them on RB25's and RB26's and that he's never seen one on an SR before.

No doubt others have these, though i'm curious who does? I've noticed not all S15 motors have them though i'm trying to figure out benefits and whatnot.

Refering to this

35.jpg

I would say 80% of VCT SRs have them. My oil temp and water temp used to stay pretty much identical when on the track due to this. Changed to remote filter and oil cooler with thermostat now so see how that goes at the track.

• Upvote 1

I would say 80% of VCT SRs have them. My oil temp and water temp used to stay pretty much identical when on the track due to this. Changed to remote filter and oil cooler with thermostat now so see how that goes at the track.

Leave it attached, good for keeping oil at operating temperature.

Cheers Sam and John. Yeah no point pulling it off.

Yeah I'm not pulling it off, no point to it and it's not hurting anything. Just curious as I was not aware of it's existence haha.

My S15 has one, I still have it hooked up as well as an oil cooler with thermostat, brings up my oil temp in winter, but still cool in summer.

My S1 S14 had one, ended up ditching it because the seal inside it started leaking and oil was going everywhere. The big round part on top screws off and the seal is underneath that if I remember correctly.