Sign in to follow this  
snowdude_r

HKS Evc boost controller and Haltech wiring?

Hey peoples, Ive done abit of googling but me old mate has let me down. Putting an S15 motor and box into an S13 shell, didnt pull anything apart myself from the S15 just got it all in boxes so doing things abit blind.

It came with an HKS Evc boost controller

photo 2.JPG

This has one small loom plugged into the back of it with 3 wires, red black and brown. Am I missing other looms that should be plugged into the other 2 spots on the back???

photo 1.JPG

Theres also a turbo timer that connects in this system, I cant find a connector to plug the main 3 pin connector into that has a red, green, and blue wires going into a black box that the turbo timer is wired to, are these just supposed to be a constant 12v, switched 12v, and ground wires??

photo 3.JPG

Then theres a grey wire which google makes me think is supposed to come of the handbrake switch wire, but then theres a blue wire and a white wire which I have no idea what to connect to

photo 2 (2).JPG

Then we move on to the Haltech Platinum Pro, I can see what I think is cable for hooking a laptop in for tuning but there is also a connector with 3 wires going to it that i dont have anything to plug it into. Is this just for some features that I wouldnt be using or am I missing more wiring??

photo.JPG

Thanks in advance for any help, let me know if theres more information etc needed

Yeah I was hoping for some words of wisdom from protius or maybe jonnie, bling, or wizard etc

Boost controll will unfortunately be useless without the other parts :( There is a main control box and then obviously the dual solenoid/sensor as well.

You can buy a patch harness for the boost controller or just wire it straight in. (Red to 12V+, Green and Blue to IGN+ wires). The smaller blue and white will just be inputs of some sort like O2 etc nothing NEEDED.

Is the haltech running a patch harness? If so, the three pin will most likely be 'trim' wiring which won't be used.

Boost controll will unfortunately be useless without the other parts sad.png There is a main control box and then obviously the dual solenoid/sensor as well.

You can buy a patch harness for the boost controller or just wire it straight in. (Red to 12V+, Green and Blue to IGN+ wires). The smaller blue and white will just be inputs of some sort like O2 etc nothing NEEDED.

Is the haltech running a patch harness? If so, the three pin will most likely be 'trim' wiring which won't be used.

Yep so I found where the blue and the white wires are cut in to the main loom going in to the computer so thats all good, Pretty sure this is what you are talking about with the main control box (pulled the cover off to have a looky inside but it didnt make things much clearer) So does the Red to 12v+ mean a completely unswitched 12v supply, ie straight off the battery?? and then Green and Blue IGN+ just a switched 12v+ that is live when the ignition switch is in the acc and on position I take it??Theres also a smaller black wire coming out of the control box which im guessing would be a ground wire??

control box.JPG

Dual solenoid/sensor in the engine bay and has a loom running to it from the display/switch unit so im thinking this part should be all good

solenoid.JPG

Theres also a small red wire with an inline fuse which im guessing should be connected to a 12v+ supply and a black wire to connect to ground, these 2 wires are paralleled to the loom that goes to the display and the loom that goes out to the solenoid

Am also in the process of setting up the wiring with the battery being relocated to the cabin and running through a main switch etc so will have a crack once that is done and i can actually hook up the battery and find switched supplys etc. Just a little worried about getting something wrong and blowing up an expensive haltech unit or boost control box etc

What exactly would a patch harness look like if the haltech was running one??