Sign in to follow this  
Tim Sil80

Willowbank drag night (calling all Silvia owners)

Hey tim,

Long time, im about a few weeks of finishing my bus, give me a hoi when you go.

Are you still heading to powercruise?

Hey mate, yeah ill give you a shout when I'm heading out there. Powerplay has been and gone, I've done the mighty car mods happy laps and a coffee and circuit since then too.

Come on blokes, there must be a few on here that will come out for a run, or you all hard parkers ?

Mmmm kinda tempted, haven't been down a drag strip in years

Do you need any kind of ANDRA license on the night or how does it work, any idea of how much waiting is involved between runs??

Mmmm kinda tempted, haven't been down a drag strip in years

Do you need any kind of ANDRA license on the night or how does it work, any idea of how much waiting is involved between runs??

I haven't had a run for a couple of years now (since I had my supercharged commodore)

But basically there's no ANDRA licence needed. You just need to wear a helmet, long sleeve shirt and long pants and enclosed shoes.

Waiting time isn't too bad between each run as long as there's not heaps of shitbox v8's dropping oil down the track. I don't mind waiting a little while for each run though, especially if there's a few blokes with similar cars to have a chat to in the line up.

Alright date is set, I'll be heading out on Saturday 9th August.

Isnt there a Downshift meet coming up soon in Brissie somewhere?? You could go along to that and try and drum up some starters or are they all about hardparking and sick photos??

Yeah there's a Circuit and Coffee this Sunday but i won't be out there. The next hardparking meet is on the 23rd August at Rocklea, i might go out there and see if my car is worthy of some sick photos, probably isn't though cos im not running $3000 rims with the car slammed to the ground.

Hey tim, I'm always keen for drags track stuff ect. Even a look at hard parking too. I'm frowned soon for my fully hectic ride height but it's all good. I'm home this week and then away for 3. Should come downt to circuit and coffee

Hey tim, I'm always keen for drags track stuff ect. Even a look at hard parking too. I'm frowned soon for my fully hectic ride height but it's all good. I'm home this week and then away for 3. Should come downt to circuit and coffee

You hitting the track ?

I could probably sneak out for 1/2hr as I've got family things planned, you need a passenger ?

Would come along however.... i'd fall asleep before it passed the 400m mark /stock lyfe

Would come along however.... i'd fall asleep before it passed the 400m mark /stock lyfe

It's not all about having a super quick car mate, it's just for a bit of fun and would be good with a few Silvia's out there. I'm pretty sure your car has a couple of kW more than mine so it would be good to line them up against each other.

I can't then as my car is in getting a larger wastegate fitted atm for jambo at the end of august otherwise I would be in

Can't make that weekend mate but would be keen if your going to another one in september

I can't then as my car is in getting a larger wastegate fitted atm for jambo at the end of august otherwise I would be in

Sweet as, yeah I'll be at Jambo, but just spectating. What class you running in, street class ???

Can't make that weekend mate but would be keen if your going to another one in september

Probably just do next weekend, and might have another run after i fit the nistune in a few weeks time.