Sign in to follow this  
Ambi

Need help with EGR delete

Ok so I've been trying to take off my stock turbo manifold on my sr20det but I've notice that this pipe that's part of the egr system that reachs around the back of the block and into the manifold. A few people have told me to just get a bolt to fit, redircet it or pull it out. Can anyone shed some light on this? also having trouble removing this pipe from the manifold.

I've looked around on the net and most of the thread are missing too many posts to make any sense of it.

If you can't get the pipe out of the manifold , cut it/ grind it off and use a S13 manifold as they don't have the egr in the manifold .

hey mate,

Taking it off the manifold is an absolute B***, so you have two options:

-Get a saw, lol

-Get the right tool

With the right tool, it took me literally about 2 mins to get off. I'm at work atm, but I'll upload a pic of the tool and the company I bought it from (they ship nationally) when I get home. But since you are doing a delete, I would just saw it off lol and replace the manifold with an s13 one. But I'll upload a pic of it when I get home anyway in case for whatever reason, you want to remove it "cleanly" and just plug up the hole after.

edit: Third option is a hammer and a screwdriver ;)

Edited by Shadow_Matrix

I've got a aftermarket mani going on no need for a s13 one. I just need to get that dam pipe out. Since the engine is in the car I have no room to cut it so what was the tool you used?

Used a 24mm one of this:

http://www.totallyal...ll/P1010026.JPG

It will come off super easily with that.

Don't bother looking for it, I went to like 15 different places and they all stock up to only 19mm and if you do find a place that stocks up to 24mm, you have to usually buy it as a set which costs a shit tonne. When I get home, I'll tell you the company that I bought it from. It was $12 shipped, but it is really good quality shit. But imo, if you aren't interested in retaining it and you have got another manifold ready, don't waste your time with that, some other users on this forum can probably tell about their experience doing it without the tool, but just get a screwdriver and hammer and set to work ;)

Edited by Shadow_Matrix

That's a 6 point crows foot spanner, for anyone else who's trying to find one :)