Sign in to follow this  
Aldo Tame

Popped main fuse. s14

I was changing my starter motor this morning. I was unbolting the power cable going to it and I accidentally hit the steering column with the spanner and there was a bit of a bang and a spark coz I'm a *richard cranium* and forgot to disconnect the battery. Noob! So then I disconnected the battery and continued removing the SM. Got it out then put the new one in bolted everything back up, connected the battery again, went to start the car and there was no power to the dash. Nothing so I went to have a look in the engine bay and saw a fair bit of smoke coming from the starter motor region so I quickly disconnected the battery and pushed the car outside in case it blew up haha. I was freaking out. Dad seems to think I've popped the main fuse but I'm unsure which is the main fuse. On the inside of my fuse box is blank for some reason. I've googled s14 fuse box diagram but I couldn't see anything.

Does anyone know what the smoke may have been caused by? And which fuse is the main one and where do I get a new one?

Cheers heaps.

I once earthed the alternator with a spanner doing the same thing.

It poped the 75amp fuse (brown one from memory) you can just see which one ia dead through the clear cover.

Can get a new one from autobarn for a few dollars. In the narva section with normal fuses

Shit yeah. I googled the FL100A and nothing came up about where I could buy a new one. Thanks man!

Starter motors aren't fused

I'd double check your connections down there first

I have. From what I can see, it looks all good. I'm just a spastic! haha

sometimes the Narva ones arent a good fit (?) if so you'll have to order one from Nissan.