Sign in to follow this  
LookinFor180

Smash repair for Widebody 180SX - Western Bris

Hey guys,

I've been having a bit of trouble finding anyone that is willing to do work on my custom wide body 180SX. I have been rear ended and the car has bent rear chassis rail and the right guard is going to need to be redone as it is rippled.

Every shop I take it to doesn't want to touch it. I just need a quote so I can sue the guys ass that hit me.

Any suggestions? I live in Kenmore, so obviously the closer the better as I don't really feel like driving cross country with the ass end of the car hanging off.

Cheers.

If it's a write off I don't think legally they are aloud to try fix it. Happened to me in my NA s13.

Smash repairer told me he can't quote it and just go through insurance and let them decide.

If it's a write off I don't think legally they are aloud to try fix it. Happened to me in my NA s13.

Smash repairer told me he can't quote it and just go through insurance and let them decide.

Repairable write-offs is a state by state thing. Can't repair/register any repairable write-offs in NSW now I believe even if it's a financial write-off, but you still can in the ACT. Private repairs shouldn't be an issue.

Also insurance doesn't work as well if you only have 3rd party. The other downside about being hit is that you have to do all the leg work to get reimbursed by the other party.

I guess so I dont know the laws about write off or what not.

But a bent chassis is pretty serious...

You tried Camerons Bodyworks at Acacia Ridge ?

These guys.

I guess so I dont know the laws about write off or what not.

But a bent chassis is pretty serious...

Sounds like it's just a kinked chassis rail.

Put it on the rack, and pull it straight.

Yeah, just needs to be put on a rack. Nothing super serious. That's not the issue I am having though. The problem I am having is no one wants to touch it due to the custom wide body and the pearl paint job.

They seem to think it is too much work. I will definitely give Camerons a go.

Cheers.