Sign in to follow this  
80SNA

The What Did You Eat Today Thread

humans were designed to eat meat, why fu*k with nature?

lol, if in fact we were actually designed... :huh: it definitely wasn't to eat meat, unless of course you find raw flesh enticing? im sure you can agree humans haven't always had the ability to cook which means we evolved eating something else. dont get me wrong i dont not eat meat cos of animal cruelty... i dont eat it cos the human body is not meant to eat it simple as that.

lol this thread just got interesting.

you do realise leech180 that meat is the number one food staple for pretty much all the people in this forum?

yeh i realise that, im just defending my choice of diet. Im not here to argue i just wanted to put my input in on my diet and training.

Although im more then happy to debate it lol... :P

So what is your training?

Please post up your stats and lifts, I'd love to know how that diet helps.

humans were designed to eat meat, why fu*k with nature?

lol, if in fact we were actually designed... :huh: it definitely wasn't to eat meat, unless of course you find raw flesh enticing? im sure you can agree humans haven't always had the ability to cook which means we evolved eating something else. dont get me wrong i dont not eat meat cos of animal cruelty... i dont eat it cos the human body is not meant to eat it simple as that.

dude, ur a doosh bag. u need to go do some reading on history and not listen to what the fag protesting outside ur uni union is saying.

I ask again what are you goals for your training and diet

^ where did that come from?

the entire world of MMA knows it.

anyways you still havent responded to my veganism post lol? whats the deal?

Why is everyone attacking this guys eating.

Sure, it isnt designed to promote muscle growth, but who said thats his goal.

The sport he has chosen requires no muscle growth. It is healthy, but unbalanced in my opinion. I would like to see more milk or eggs, but at least it has no processed foods.

If leech is not lifting weights and simply does low impact training which doesnt tax his muscles, his diet will provide him with all the energy he needs.

he hasnt stated he needs to lose weight, so the carbs may not be an issue. I have had days where I eat 20 pieces of fruit in a day without any dramas.

just because he doesnt eat like us shouldnt make him an outcast, he doesnt train like us either.

He has been very civilized in his answers considering he was set upon for being a little different.

Show some respect.

Fair enough ... but some advice If your going to be vegan atleast stay away from soy products lol.

It kills your immune system and is linked with many harmful things.

What a lot of you dont realise is that we are the minority group. By we, I mean those of us that go into a gym and breakdown muscle tissue in order to have it grow back bigger and stronger with the copious ammount of protein we feed it.

Very few of you ever achieve this. I particularly like the guys whose dinner is " whatever mum cooks" lol, lets home mums trying to bench 150kg or get 20" guns, or 8% bodyfat.

Leech eats specifically for his lifestyle, you guys should try to do the same.

I would never advocate Leech's diet to a client, but my clients are all trying to get bigger,stronger, leaner. He is not, nor is the majority of society, its why we have food halls at shopping centres lol

Leech I have no problems with you not eating meat. I'm just saying you're diet seems like you would not be supplying you're body with enough fuel to sustain a good energy level. Are you really skinny and have chicken legs?

I know my diet sucks I probably do not know enough about diets to make comments as such but that diet sounds like a weak skinny bitch kind of diet.

Your right, you know NOTHING about diet.

He would have as much energy as anyone on this forum, if not more, his diet is made up of 80% carbohydrate, the body's preferred energy source.

Protein equals = muscle repair

Carbs = energy

Fats = health

This is a massive generalization, but it gives you a clue

My bad :P

Why are people so against eating carbs? Is that because if you do not burn it, it will get stored as fat?

We are against processed carbs, there is a difference

i luv how theres so many experts on here when someone new comes and posts something they all jump on him and say his wrong and laugh at him and put shit on what he chose as his sport ..

yous really are f**kin puppets ..

Why are people so against eating carbs?

because generally people are stupid

MMMMMMMM just had a big ass PW shake.

750ml milk, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1 cup oats and 2 bananas.

I fail to see how the fruitbat diet is healthy, it's not healthy if it's not balanced. I think he's just taking the piss.

Breakfast:

3 scrambled eggs

Black Tea

Apple

Morning Tea:

2 rye cruskits

2 tablespoons cottage cheese

8 roma tomatos

Cracked pepper

Lunch:

110gms turkey breast

Greek salad

1 can coke zero

Afternoon Tea:

Protein Shake

500ml Water

Dinner:

T-Bone Steak

Mixed Vegetables Stir Fry

2ltrs of water throughout the day.

All my meals are planned a week in advance and i simply make the salads in the morning & take the food out of the freezer and defrost at work. YUM :lol:

I fail to see how the fruitbat diet is healthy, it's not healthy if it's not balanced. I think he's just taking the piss.

Protein requirements for a non lifting male are very low. He pretty much eats what nature provides, its definitely not unhealthy, as long as he stays away from weight training.

Would his calorie intake be enough?

Is it you need the lowest 1200cal just to help the body produce hair, nails, cell growth etc

i luv how theres so many experts on here when someone new comes and posts something they all jump on him and say his wrong and laugh at him and put shit on what he chose as his sport ..

yous really are f**kin puppets ..

agreed.

Would his calorie intake be enough?

Is it you need the lowest 1200cal just to help the body produce hair, nails, cell growth etc

He is having at least double that

hey guys; i been training for about 3 months solid now and weigh in at about 88kg's atm with probably a medium-sized build.. I'm looking to shed some more fat and rip up as i have some (not much) fat around my gut, titties etc; here's what i usually eat throughout the day;

8:30am - 3 toast with cottage cheese, 3 eggs, coffee no sugar, protein shake

1:00pm - can of tuna in 2 rolls with cucumber, protein shake

5:00pm pre-workout - 1 fruit (pear, apple, orange or bananna)

7:00pm post workout - protein shake

8:00pm - can of tuna with 3-4 slices of white bread, cucumber or other vegetable

i'll throw in a breast chicken every now and then during my 1pm meal aswell as some chicken around 8pm. Just wondering if im eating too much or too

less for my goals..

as for training, 99% of the 4 days at gym i'm doing resistance training with very minimal cardio.

thanks guys ;)

nur.spec, I don't know a lot about diet, but I have been reading quite a bit.

Did you read the sticky about dieting/weightloss?

Don't you get hungry in between those meals? I eat about 6 times a day otherwise I get very hungry between meals

White bread isn't the best for you, tuna is good, have you considered oats or something similar in the morning instead of bread?

At 1PM, are "rolls" more white bread?

if ur trying to shed weight, you eat waaaayyyyyyyy too much bread. drop that shit. also u should be having some protein, such as chicken or beef pre workout, and move the apple to another time of the day.

nur.spec, I don't know a lot about diet, but I have been reading quite a bit.

Did you read the sticky about dieting/weightloss?

Don't you get hungry in between those meals? I eat about 6 times a day otherwise I get very hungry between meals

White bread isn't the best for you, tuna is good, have you considered oats or something similar in the morning instead of bread?

At 1PM, are "rolls" more white bread?

i actually do have oats with a scoop of protein and skinny milk sometimes in the mornings, forgot to state it..

if ur trying to shed weight, you eat waaaayyyyyyyy too much bread. drop that shit. also u should be having some protein, such as chicken or beef pre workout, and move the apple to another time of the day.

yeah done, figured the bread would have an implication

when you mean pre-workout, im assuming 1hr before?

Leech180's diet is a joke. Unbalned, unhealthy and undesirable.

Further to the that bellow there have also been reported issues of severe dental issues as a result of the high sugar intake. I couldn't find any solid references for that however.

The Health Promotion Program at Columbia University reports that a fruitarian diet can cause deficiencies in calcium, protein, iron, zinc, vitamin D, most B vitamins (especially B-12), and essential fatty acids. [13]

As an extreme vegetarian diet, fruitarianism is highly restrictive, making nutritional adequacy almost impossible. In children, growth and development are at risk. Nutritional problems include severe protein energy malnutrition, anaemia and a wide range of vitamin and mineral deficiencies.[14] Several children have died as the result of being fed fruitarian diets.[15]

Lack of protein in fleshy fruit can make the lifestyle difficult to sustain, and can lead to the condition of hypoproteinemia or kwashiorkor. Nuts (if included) are a good source of protein. Due to the lower digestibility of plant proteins, however, the American Dietetic Association (ADA) states "protein needs might be higher than the RDA (when) dietary protein sources are mainly those that are less well digested, such as some cereals and legumes."[16]

Vitamin B12, a bacterial product, is not found in any fruits. According to the U.S. National Institutes of Health "natural food sources of vitamin B12 are limited to foods that come from animals."[17] Like vegans who do not consume B12-fortified foods (certain plant milks and breakfast cereals, for example), fruitarians need to include a B12 supplement in their diet. This may pose a health risk for strict fruitarians, as the B12 in fortified foods and supplements is derived from bacteria, not fruits. It is also contrary to the philosophy that humans are perfectly evolved to live off fruit.

13. Alice!, Health Promotion Program at Columbia University, Health Services at Columbia, August 23, 2002."Go Ask Alice!: Fruitarian teens". Accessed May 20, 2008.

14. Holden, Chris, et al, Royal College of Nursing. Nutrition and Child Health, p. 59. Elsevier Health Sciences, 2000. ISBN 070202421X, 9780702024214.

15. Gollner, Adam Leith. The Fruit Hunters: A Story of Nature, Adventure, Commerce and Obsession, pp. 99-101. Simon and Schuster, 2008. ISBN 074329694X, 9780743296946.

16. “Position of the American Dietetic Association and Dietitians of Canada: Vegetarian diets”. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 2003, 06. Accessed 22 January 2008.

17. "Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Vitamin B12".

He does eat cashews Nick, as well as vegetables, its not soley fruit. And thats only one days eating remember. Three months in and he feels great, I'm all for prac and zero for theory.

Regardless of the research, his body will tell him if its good for him or not, not a text book.

Good on him for having the ability to stick to a diet for 3 months, very few can.

Theory can be used to support ANY argument, I'm sure you could find literature to argue for both sides Nick.

3 months is a piss in the ocean in terms of the problems he will encounter, the ailments listed in the first line will probably not me manifesting any visible signs at thats stage. (Iron def, anaemia, vitamin def, etc)

You know as well as anyone how long it can take to tune in to what your body is telling you. Ciggies wont give you any issues in the first 3 months either, time will tell though.

Of course he feels great he's eating sugar all bloody day.

Academic articles are a bit more than "theory", they are based on research, prac. I doubt you would find any theory that the the diet would be benificial in any of the areas I have listed. I certainly found sweet FA in any of the academic journals.

Agreed.

This thread should be for serious training eating regimes right? isn't there a casual thread like this in off topic for non beneficial diets?