Sign in to follow this  
m&m

Excuses

Recently I started a thread outlining what is considered a mininum requirement to take the step from novice to intermediate.

Been alot of excuses,cluttering my thread,please post excuses here.

This thread should stretch out to 10 pages in a few days I reckon.

I'll start with some common ones

1. With my genetics....

2. I work long hours therefore i can't....

3. I've been injured so i can't....

4. I'm too tall

5. I'm too short

6. I have a slow/fast metabolism

i love the ones, "oh yeah i squatted 3 plates last week . well show me. oh i cant i hurt my ankle :huh: " hehe

i work alot and am required to be very mobile in my job, not sore and limping after squatting too much..

i have a made in china body that falls apart when i use it

i come home rooted from work some days.

social life interrupts.

im a lazy person at heart and enjoy procrastination.

:D

too tired,

have to go out with mates,

i sometimes get this headache that worsens with each rep then goes away when i put the weight down, f#ck i hate it.

the gyms too busy

One of my goals for 2007 was to stop making excuses :lol:. I even posted it in the 'Goals' thread.

^Just cos you aren't making new ones, doesn't mean you cant just keep reusing the old ones. :lol:

I've got plenty.

Too lazy to even type them out.

As funny as that seems that has always been my problem (till now :rolleyes:) i always made the same old excuses & it hasn't got me very far now has it.

after a day of work, you come home and relax, picking yourself up to go weight lifting can be a bitch sometimes

My local dealer ran out of steroids, have to wait for his next shipment :P, I think Adam's dog might have eaten it :)

no one will spot me so i can only do dumbells

and i cant do bicep curls because ill stretch my tattoo and look ugly.

Well i havnt been able to afford eating lately...

Im on $9 hour, 12hrs a week. Just had to pay rego and 2 police fines (one for supposivly having my hand out the window, and another for a no right turn) , i have one more aswell to pay. That put me a grand in debt :(

But this week i thought f**k it, ill get lazy.. So i started going to the gym again and buying food, it will just take longer to pay off my debt! :(

Edit: f**king hell............................................................................

I accidently ran up the back of some old guy in a magna.

He pulled out of the intersection, i thought he had driven off, so then i looked for my gap, when it came i drove off, bam! Little dent.

Turns out the old guy pulled out 3m's or so, then hesitated and reversed back because he thought he wouldn't had made it, i thought he went...

Went over to his house then, $800 to fix, its a f**kall dent, massif hole in my allready massif debt, for f**ks, f**king sake.

I'm now -$1800 on a shit f**king wage

Edited by rsrkt_

cause im havnin a few drinks with the boys tonight, and alcohol slows protein synthesis and my muscles wont repair properly so whats the point?

The gym is too far away - its about a 30 min drive- and it'll be too late by the time I get there and get home

Its too cold

My back hurts (I have a back injury and I don't wanna make it worse)

Mine are pretty standard, what can I say, I'm a lazy person at heart!

I always love my mates excuses he's a mechanic,

"I don't need to work my legs at all cause I'm on my feet all day at work", then I get a blank stare when I come back with, "why do you work your arms when your doing up and un-doing bolts all day I thought that would be plenty?"

I stopped training with him, he was holding me back.

no one will spot me so i can only do dumbells

and i cant do bicep curls because ill stretch my tattoo and look ugly.

lol same here, but there are heaps of creams to massively reduce it. they fade at certain points to when you build muscle underneith.

my girlfriend wont make me chicken and salad to take to work. i told her nina does it for markos but she didnt know who nina or markos were.

my girlfriend wont make me chicken and salad to take to work. i told her nina does it for markos but she didnt know who nina or markos were.

rofl :lol: