Sign in to follow this  
Abruzzi

Best Car Security EVER!

That guy is on PF, he's got some seriously cool projects.

Heard you talking about me so thought I'd drop in.

You know it's interesting that I tried to get a different car than a Hyundai Getz which I have now hired 4 times. (I don't have a car myself). Now this has been videoed by the Discovery Channel in Canada and I thought I would try to get a different small car. It didn't have to be expensive or new.

I tried 7 car dealers personally (Honda/Mazda/VW/Mercedes/Ford/Holden and Jeep)and our local online Bunbury car club and South west commodores site by email/online. Not a single person gave any interest in having their car on the Discovery Channel with an estimated audience in Canada of 1/4 million and with another audience in Germany and possibly many other countries.

I would have thought people would jump at the chance even with an old banger. Aren't people interested in showing off their cars?

Interested in your comments as car owners.

TDU

TduCarTheftPreventionRedDark600.jpg

Wow, that is freakin' insane!! You're crazy mate :thumbsup:

that would make an awesome photoshoot for a car if you could somehow hide the thing on the roof!

I'd loan you my car to do it! ... just dont blow anything up <_>

haha thats funny man cant imagine what would happen to the guy trying to give you a parking ticket for parking in a disable zone LOL

haha thats funny man cant imagine what would happen to the guy trying to give you a parking ticket for parking in a disable zone LOL

ahaha thats mad... looks hell indepenence day or something... or maybe not haha cant make my mind up

Hmmm How long does the alarm last for? Must have required heaps of power?

vids???

so where can we but it? the one that isnt disabled soo easiley???

Next time i'm in Bunbury i'll try to hit you up for a photo shoot mate; I'm an ex-bunno lad and now i'm surprised I havnt heard of your antics before!

-az

Next time i'm in Bunbury i'll try to hit you up for a photo shoot mate; I'm an ex-bunno lad and now i'm surprised I havnt heard of your antics before! -az

I keep a low profile locally. I am probably better known internationally. I have started recording some links recently. For example, there are about 40 Russian sites that include my pics or link to my site and the biggest has 385 comments.

I don't really seek local publicity since a lot of the stuff I do breaks some electrical/laser/RF/radioactive/x-ray/noise or other code.

This picture is a long exposure of a rotating rod extending from the top of a Tesla coil down towards the ground. The rod takes 10 seconds to do one circle. The device is not an alarm, you can't buy it and it is not a practical thing. Basically just a nice picture.

Here is how it is done.

is a video for laughs.

And another picture. This was the original one, now seen by about 1/2 million people by my estimation on hundreds of sites.

TDU

Tesladownunder%20Car%20Theft%20Protection%20600.jpg

Edited by Tesladownunder

That guy is on PF....

PF?

Performance Forums

so because the coil takes 10 seconds to do a full loop, you could just walk in the circle after the coil has passed?

is the car charged, or like an electric fence?

so because the coil takes 10 seconds to do a full loop, you could just walk in the circle after the coil has passed?

is the car charged, or like an electric fence?

Sure. As I said, this is not a serious device, just a pretty picture. You can walk in or you could unplug it or whatever. The car is earthed and there is no residual charge at all. It is quite safe to be inside the car.

I guess if I had say four rotating wires spinning it might be marginally effective and faster, however the power to each wire is only 1/4 and it would still be large and unwieldy. If the rotation was too fast the wires would rise up too high with centripetal forces.

TDU

so its more of an idea. not a reality of something that could go into production.

im guessing you would be better off having an electrified car than the coil for security?

Tesla down under.. where have i heard that name before ? i think my dad has talked about you to me before.. i live in Bunbury, and could possibly be willing to lend my car if you want..

Pete

Tesla down under.. where have i heard that name before ? i think my dad has talked about you to me before.. i live in Bunbury, and could possibly be willing to lend my car if you want..

Pete

Do it! I want to see some silvia protection.

Heard you talking about me so thought I'd drop in.

You know it's interesting that I tried to get a different car than a Hyundai Getz which I have now hired 4 times. (I don't have a car myself). Now this has been videoed by the Discovery Channel in Canada and I thought I would try to get a different small car. It didn't have to be expensive or new.

I tried 7 car dealers personally (Honda/Mazda/VW/Mercedes/Ford/Holden and Jeep)and our local online Bunbury car club and South west commodores site by email/online. Not a single person gave any interest in having their car on the Discovery Channel with an estimated audience in Canada of 1/4 million and with another audience in Germany and possibly many other countries.

I would have thought people would jump at the chance even with an old banger. Aren't people interested in showing off their cars?

Interested in your comments as car owners.

TDU

TduCarTheftPreventionRedDark600.jpg

Hehe, that picture I found was too cool for me not to post up TDU.

I guess the majority of people you have approached about having their cars near a Tesla coil are probably a bit worried about the possibility of the car getting zapped and damaging electrical equipment... That being said though, I can see by your experiments that you have done quite a bit of testing and therefore would know what is safe and what isn't.

Some of the stuff you have posted up on your site is pretty cool, I'll be looking into it more later on, can't wait to see your future projects!

wow, interesting stuff,

i just watched a doco on Tesla, very interesting.

Quick queston for you tesladownunder if I may, as u r qualified to answer based on ur work

What do you think of the legitamacy of John Hutchinsons claims?? ie. the hutchinson effect. he's apparently used some of teslas ideas to create his supposed tests.

now this is impressive!

Tesla18Week2FullBright3000.jpg