Sign in to follow this  
m&m

Strength Chart

Found this chart,thought you guys might find it interesting.Its only an opinion and a guide,still gives us something to go by.Before you all start about bodyweight,you have to get heavier to get stronger,so to be able to lift these weights you need to build muscle.Someone benching 1 plate at 50kg bodyweight is not going to inspire anyone in any gym,but a 4 plate squat is a great achievement,I dont care what you weigh.Its a rare and beautiful thing.

So if you are found lacking,put on some f**king muscle and dont whinge about weighing a buck fifty.The lightweights get a hand on the bodyweight excersises.Cant see myself doing 30 chins at 95kg before a 60kg guy can,so you cant have it both ways.

Enjoy

Gender...................... Male....................................... Female

Excersise...... Decent......Good.......Great......Descent.....Good....Great

Squat............140kg......180kg......205kg........45kg........70kg....90kg

Bench Press....100kg.....145kg......165kg.........30kg........47kg....60kg

Deadlift...........145kg.....185kg......225kg........52kg.........84kg...102kg

Military Press....47kg.......75kg.......102kg.......20kg.........30kg.....43kg

Bent over row..102kg....125kg.......145kg.......30kg.........47kg.....60kg

push-ups.........30..........60............90............5..............25.......50

Dips............20..........40............60............1...........15.......30

Pull-ups.........10..........20............30...........1...............5.........12

Note: All lifts are done with free weights, good form, no supportive gear

m&m - would this be a good indication of even relative strengths? ie... if I can make several of the weights in the 'decent' column but fall dismally short in others, I should perhaps be concentrating moreso on the areas I'm falling short in?

I suppose as an indicator it could be useful.Everybody has different leverages that will make them stronger at some lifts over others.If you find you are well down on all the pressing movements,then yes,I would concentrate on those.If you are over 85kg you will struggle on the bodyweight ones,all the 60kg guys should be very good at these,but they will struggle at the big powerlifts with their lack of muscle size.

So dont be down on yourself if you cant make the great list on every movement,I doubt anybody on here can,actually I know nobody will cause nobody does 30 chins.

A good goal would be to descent in every category and work from there.

These should be current lifts as well,not what you used to do.

As a guide,my wife Nina ranks with 5 lifts in the great category and 3 in the good,needing to add about 10 dips, 5kg to her squat and 6kg to her deadlift to rank great in all 8.Guess what she'll be concentrating on.

I only get 2 greats for my military press and bent row,3 goods in the pushups,squat and deadlift and 3 descents.

iv only ever done 4 of those exercises lol!!

1 good, 1 great, 2 decent lol - weak as!

Post up which ones

quite predictable - im sure you probably already know markos!!

bench - 90kg - 2 reps lol i counted that as - decent

pull ups - 21 - on a good day - good

dips - 20 - decent

pushups - 100 - great

this chart is useless if you ask me .. your other ones are better m&m

Sorry express,you cant claim that bench.

Yeah rutakn,there are heaps floating around,there is nothing that will be 100% accurate,but I dont mind this one.

When I was your age I had the squat and bench covered as well as the pushups and dips,so 6 greats was alright I suppose.I was pretty competetive with most guys on most lifts so I regarded myself as strong then.I find the chart okay as a guide.

It will be a bit of a shock for some though.

self esteem goes down the drain after seeing that :(

Must work harder.

I made decent on 1 lift (military press) :lol: I'm not too far off on DL, pull-ups and bent rows though.

It seems to take things pretty easy on the women's lifts though.

Not too sure about that Neil.I have seen many guys rank great on alot of those lifts,cant say I have seen many women.

Remember they are generally 1/2 to a 1/3 lighter than males and have very minimal testosterone.

How many guys can get great on EVERY womans category????? I know I cant do 30 dips.Shit,how many guys can do 12 chins,no one in the novice section of the Strongman did and only Adam in the open event did.

I feel a 60kg bench for a woman is huge.All you guys that lift at commercial gyms,post up if you have seen a woman benching plates.Or squatting 1 1/2 plates or deadlifting 2.

Only once before have i ever seen a woman lift what i would regard as heavy in general, she was actually lifting more then me at that time too :P i felt quite humbled

I should also mention that she was a competative powerlifter and a massive juicer.

Okay,enough of comparing ourselves with chicks,how do you guys rate in the mens section???

3 decents

5 goods

no greats unfortunately :(

only thing im close to getting a great on is the deadlift

Squat - don't rank

Bench Press - don't rank

Deadlift - decent

Military Press - decent

Bent Over Rows - don't rank

pushups - decent

dips - decent

pullups - decent

5 decent, the rest don't even rank

At one stage I used to be 'great' at pushups.....not anymore :no:, not that it's even worth mentioning who gives a shit if you can do 96 pushups it aint no 4 plate squat

4 Decent's here. Although i reckon i could give 20 pullups a good shot & maybe 40 dips.

im only decent at pushups and military press

got a bit to work to do lol

Ok here is mine, this is singles all done at some stage this year.

Excersise...... Decent......Good.......Great

Squat............140kg......180kg......205kg NIL

Bench Press....100kg.....145kg......165kg 100kg = decent

Deadlift...........145kg.....185kg......225kg 150kg = decent

Military Press....47kg.......75kg.......102kg 70kg = decent/good

Bent over row..102kg....125kg.......145kg 90kg = not quite there

push-ups.........30..........60............90 50 = almost good

Dips............20..........40............60 35 = almost good

Pull-ups.........10..........20............30 15 = decent/good

so overall not too bad i guess, im 77.5kg (170lb) bodyweight @ 168cm (5'6")

Okay,enough of comparing ourselves with chicks,how do you guys rate in the mens section???

Man i dont even come close to any of them :(

DAMN knee reco's and not lifting/trainging for 6months.

I think im going to cry :ph34r:

I get:

2 decents, Military Press and Pushups LOL!

And im approaching another 2 decents the deadlift(140kg) and dips(15) oooh well..

one word

'WEAK'

Long long way to go.. i'll be happy to be decent in all areas by the end of the 2007. new goal added haah

For the squat and deadlift, the original chart also lists 1.5 x bodyweight as decent, 2 x bw as good and 2.5 x bw as great - and it says you can use the method which gives the lighter number (eg bodyweight calcs suit lighter guys, where as the raw numbers posted by m&m suits heavier guys).

So going by this, ghosty would be strong in squats (120kg squat)............for a guy that weighs 60kg ;)

But the Wilkes score destroys his theory,which is why I didnt post it up.Double bodyweight means nothing in Powerlifting or Olympic lifting when determining an overall best lifter,that is left to the Wilks score.

Thats why no Superheavy has ever jerked double bodyweight,but flyweights have jerked triple bodyweight,bodyweight has no relevance in this instance.

You are either strong or your not.If you only weigh 60kg,thats a problem you have to fix,not use as an excuse,we all started lighter,and none of us were strong,as we get bigger,we get stronger.

Its like those guys with 1.3 litre FWD cars that say its fast for what it is.Bullshit,its either fast or its not.

But the Wilkes score destroys his theory,which is why I didnt post it up.Double bodyweight means nothing in Powerlifting or Olympic lifting when determining an overall best lifter,that is left to the Wilks score.

Thats why no Superheavy has ever jerked double bodyweight,but flyweights have jerked triple bodyweight,bodyweight has no relevance in this instance.

You are either strong or your not.If you only weigh 60kg,thats a problem you have to fix,not use as an excuse,we all started lighter,and none of us were strong,as we get bigger,we get stronger.

Its like those guys with 1.3 litre FWD cars that say its fast for what it is.Bullshit,its either fast or its not.

Agreed. I don't consider myself strong...I still have another 3 plates to add to my squat before I can make noise when I lift :lol: :lol: :lol:

Squat - 175 to parallel, decent

Bench - 135, decent

Deadlift - 205, good

Military press - 92.5, good

Bent row - 130, good

Push ups - 40, decent

Dips - 20+, decent

Pull ups - 11, decent

m&m Posted Yesterday, 05:09 PM

Yeah, makes sense. Damn I'm weak!!!

That makes me look like a girl. Time to look after myself and see what i'm actually capable of.