Sign in to follow this  
GHOSTY

The Post pics of your body thread

simply amazing. i never get tired of watching this video, the ease at which he can throw 3plates+ around is phenominal. :o :o

1) Lie flat on your belly

2) Put your arms out directly in front of you like ur flying like superman

3) then do a pushup by pushing down on your palms and toes ;)

are you actually serious?

honest to go thats the hardest thing i've ever tried....

is it even possible? considering you dont really have any where to move?

i think im a bit lost....

got a picture or video?

got a picture or video?

The movement is only a couple of inches at the most, but trust me you will definitely know if you have done it or not. I remember every single bone in my back cracked when I done it. Hurt like hell, but after it never felt better :P

It is possible, but not by all.(I still can't believe that I can actually do it :woot: )

got a picture or video?

The movement is only a couple of inches at the most, but trust me you will definitely know if you have done it or not. I remember every single bone in my back cracked when I done it. Hurt like hell, but after it never felt better :P

It is possible, but not by all.(I still can't believe that I can actually do it :woot: )

Bastard, lol. *NVS*

oh ok. yea was gonna say the movement couldnt be too big in it.

im gonna train. and train and train untill i can do it. hahaha.

really need to build up my core. its pathetic at the moment.

Thats why pyros was the man. Going for his 4th he was injured though still competed for the crowd and the glory. Never forget your story about Pyros in heaven markos. CLASSIC

Long time listener, first time caller...

6'3", 92kg, after another ~5kg or so, though playing regular sport I'm having trouble eating enough <_<

img3876copyrw5.th.jpg img3874mediumcopyrg7.th.jpg

Couple Progress pics. Dont have a before shot but i was way skinnier. I think more back exercise is on the cards tho.

progress1yz9.th.jpg

progress2oe4.th.jpg

Markos, what is so special about the greek olympic lifting camp. Do they have some special program or better coaches or is it just because us greeks are the best ;)

Freakin gay, i cant do those superman pushups... ill train for 3 weeks gradually moving hands out till i can do it!

i thought i would b able to - weak as piss...

Left pic, March 2006, 65kg

Right pic, February 2007, 87kg

(Old photo, since then have added 2kg and filled out pecs and shoulders a little more)

mar06cv2.jpgpicture108ut9ic0.jpg

Left pic, March 2006, 65kg

Right pic, February 2007, 87kg

(Old photo, since then have added 2kg and filled out pecs and shoulders a little more)

mar06cv2.jpgpicture108ut9ic0.jpg

christ man u were worse than me at 65 kilos lol

^^ matt instead of commenting on everyone that posts photos, why dont you post pics of you.

its a post pics thread, not a comment on everybody /rant

Most people do, but i noticed the same thing looking at the photos and figured it was just the lighting.

Don't think I do, not to my knowledge anyways :P, but I think it's just the lighting like neil said

thought i might as well ad some pics also.

might become more active in posting in this section

weighin at 112kg at the moment, aiming for 115kg this winter.

heaviest ive been.

training just over 3 years.

3 plate bench.

4.5 plate dead lift

4 plate squat.

yep yep yep.

Killa, why did you shop your b4 photo?

XDRIFT interesting to see such a small difference (20kg) between your squat and DL :huh:... the squat is very impressive (ATG?), tho I take it you must not train the posterior chain much going by your deadlift or do you just not train that lift for ultimate strength?

I only bring this up because we have 2 guys on here around the 80kg mark deadlifting the same, but there's a 40kg-50kg difference between their squat & deadlift.

BTW the depth of your chest looks massive in that shot :blink:, you've done well :lol:

:thumbsup:

yeah spot on dude.

legs i have been training for close to two years, and i have a massive ass.

however deadlifts i have been doing for around 7 or so months. i stopped for a month over christmas as i went overseas.

then got back into them from jan until around april.. whereby i hurt my back and havent touched deadlifts for around 6 weeks. i have full confidence that i could yank up 5 plates, but only time will tell.

hope to get back into them as its a great workout, and yes i am training for strength, but posterior chain strength = crap.

oh dude..

no the squat doesnt go all the way down, i dont have that comfortable range of motion anymore after 17 years of bball. =(

I only bring this up because we have 2 guys on here around the 80kg mark deadlifting the same, but there's a 40kg-50kg difference between their squat & deadlift.

That's because our squat isn't high enough. If you look at powerlifting comps you can see there isn't usually that much of a difference between the squats/deadlifts.

oh dude..

no the squat doesnt go all the way down, i dont have that comfortable range of motion anymore after 17 years of bball. =(

Oh,.,.,., :huh:

Well.....if you can't have a killer ATG squat the next best thing is a killer DL lol, :P

word dawg!

gettin all over that one!

hey guys, ive been at the gym for 3 months now and was skiny as a rake before i started going (went just cause some mates got me into it)! After reading alot of your threads i really have NFI what alot of the stuff u call ur exercises is..i just do alot of the things that i know to do at the gym..

Im currently about 180cm+ and weigh approx 70-75kg..only 17 but im finding it damn hard to bulk

If you guys got any advice on anything! please lemme know :lol:

DSC03679.jpg

DSC03681.jpg

DSC03673.jpg

dont relly have any before pics..but this is me from before i started going to the gym..sorry about the randomnes (party) :ph34r:

test.jpg

tip 1. keep at it, youre only just starting bud, hit it hard, and eat plenty.

• Upvote 1

thats one thing ive always wondered..u guys say eat alot etc etc..but is eating like chicken burgers and stuff ok? or should i only be eating HEAPS Of healthy stuff? (for muscle here not cardio) =)

• Downvote 1

Freakin gay, i cant do those superman pushups... ill train for 3 weeks gradually moving hands out till i can do it!

i thought i would b able to - weak as piss...

Express,you will really struggle to do a superman pushup because of your excersise selection.

Here is a brief history on the superman pushup relating to me and why I introduced it on this forum.

When I was 19 I was reading an old Ironman magazine,the old black and white ones.There was a picture of George Eifferman,and it described how he did these superman pushups,it had some pics.So I got on the floor and knocked some out,not thinking much about it cause they seemed fairly easy.

It was years later when a martial arts dude described them to me,saying how they were impossible that I realised that not everyone could do them.I told him I could and he laughed at me,so I showed him.

Then I researched back to find out why I could do them when others couldnt,and it came back to the type of excersises I did from day one.Squats,deadlifts,overhead standing pressing.

Even when I didnt train for 10 years I was still able to do them.I did a few sets tonight,my training partener and my wife cant even move while trying.They asked me to show them the one arm version,which I find VERY hard,but I still knocked out a couple for them.

Seeing as you dont squat,and I'm not sure you military press,I'm not sure how you think your going to get strong enough through that part of your body to do them.Sit ups and crunches wont do it.You can try walk outs I suppose,bend down like your in a prison and put your hands on the ground,walk out as far as you can on your hands and back again,trying to get further each time.

Good luck.

Can anyone on here do them 1 handed?????

Markos is there any explanation as to why I can do them?Since I only really started hitting the squats, deadlifts, and overhead presses AFTER I met you.

As for 1 handed....no chance in hell, won't even bother trying :P

hey M&m! yer it would be pretty obvious to most i dont do the type of core exercises requried to be strong in that area, most of the weighted exercise i do is for the "look", hey at least im honest, and the only other exercise i do is running, cycling and kickboxing, Having said that i did think i would be strong enough to do these, thats why it took me by surprise! I have been concentrating on them and feel im already getting stronger, just by extending my arms slightly each time i try and holding the position, soon enough i will be able to do them i think!

Considering i feel no desire or need to do the core exercises like squats etc, it might take longer than desired but, oh well haha