Sign in to follow this  
X5452

1993 180sx SR20DET 5spd man

i just wanted to introduce myself and my new ride.

i picked her up about 6 weeks ago for 10k. its a 1993 180sx 5spd man with sr20det and 97xxx on the clock. its faily stock at the moment except for the fmic, 3inch blitz exhaust, short shifter and drift pod filter. i have a hybrid ebc to go in but havent gotten around to it yet.

i have a boost gauge and volt meter as well as a 2gauge pillar pod on order at the moment, should be in next week.

the guy i bought her from put a type x front bar on but the type x parkers where stolen so i am trying to source a pair for a decent price.

thanks

St.Page

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Looks great, good price too ! a nice set of dish wheels would look awsome :P

hey mate

nice ride..should look nice dumped with some nice set of rims!

oh btw..we have the same number plate ;)

thanks guys. i think with some new shoes it will look sweet. i forgot to mention that right before i bought her she was re-sprayed in s15 black. all i need to do is get a cut and polish done and she will come up mint.

greddy coilovers are on the way too.

i will try to get some interior shot done tomorrow and post them in the afternoon some time.

Nice car there Brad,

Can't wait to see what mods i have to fit to it next :angry:

Just kidding, you know i love workin on it with ya :yes:

how about i let YOU choose the next mod.

option 1) hybrid ebc

option 2) boost gauge and volt meter install?

how about i let YOU choose the next mod.

option 1) hybrid ebc

option 2) boost gauge and volt meter install?

My vote is on the boost gauge and volt meter install, That way we'll know exactly what boost ur running when the ebc goes in

my thoughts exactly. great minds ben, great minds

i havent updated this for a while so i thought i would get you up to speed

the car has changed a bit over the last 12 months. it is not where i initially wanted to go but i think it has turned out better for it. i am very happy with its transformation thus far.

as it stands it has:

tanabe coilovers with greddy springs

greddy type m cooler and greddy piping

strutbraces front and rear

blitz nur r catback exhaust

hybrid EBC

type x parkers with led globes

type x rear pods

trust gear knob

autometer coblt boost/volt gauges

exedy heavy duty button clutch

blitz billet oil cap

drift blade bucket seats (exact same as r34 gtr)

harness on drives side

blitz R-VIT

Blitz turbo timer

pod filter

viper alarm with lcd screen and remote start

bosch 023 fuel pump

17" advantek rims in gold chrome (not too keen on them but meh, better than what it had)

i have recently bought a trust T518Z turbo kit with 10cm housing, greddy e-manage blue and a greddy speed limiter cut controller. i should be picking up my SS manifold within the next few days. all i need now is a set of injectors, an AFM and a tune and i should be seeing around 240kw at the wheels.

03042008026-1.jpg

the captains chair

06052008148.jpg

putting in the coilovers

PC190556.jpg

nice and low. definatly need clear indicators

P9010017.jpg

my view from the cockpit at night

i want the blue light up.. how did you do that? and can the needle colour be different?

nice car btw :)

Edited by Resh-Izill

I love you and i love it man great shizzle right there! I got a 93 180sx sr20det 5 spd as well! atm the paint aint looking its best but The guy aggreed to fix it up for me so it should look great, along with the possibility for new rims when I replace the rubber. and some Pillar guages like you :P

i want the blue light up.. how did you do that? and can the needle colour be different?

nice car btw :)

cheers mate. it was really easy, i just took the cluster out which is only held in by a few screws and replaced the globes with leds.

the hardest part was once the cluster is unbolted/screwed trying to pull it out. the steering wheel is in the way but if you unplug all the wires and twist and jiggle it a bit it comes right out.

i bought them off ebay, i will try to find the guy who sells them. they are really good quality. only downside is they dont really give much light around dusk/dawn but one it gets darker it lights up brilliantly as you can see. sorry but i dont think you can get the needle a different color unless you change the needle itself.

*EDIT*

this is the guy who does them. he doesnt have any for an s13 at the moment but he is regularly updating his listings.

L.E.D lights for the cluster

I love you and i love it man great shizzle right there! I got a 93 180sx sr20det 5 spd as well! atm the paint aint looking its best but The guy aggreed to fix it up for me so it should look great, along with the possibility for new rims when I replace the rubber. and some Pillar guages like you :P

i wouldnt exactly recommend putting the gauges on the pillar. it looks good and its a practical place to put them but at night around tight right hand corners you are going in blind because of the glare. i heard about pillar pods that have a bit of a lip at the top to stop this happening but i havent been able to find any yet.

if they have bulbs in them u could just slip some red condoms on them, as it will change them to less brighter colour

if they have bulbs in them u could just slip some red condoms on them, as it will change them to less brighter colour

the bulbs in the cluster?

nice car mate. coming along nicely. get some nice wide work wheels on there :)

he has just listed some leds for an s13

S13 L.E.D's

i wouldnt exactly recommend putting the gauges on the pillar. it looks good and its a practical place to put them but at night around tight right hand corners you are going in blind because of the glare. i heard about pillar pods that have a bit of a lip at the top to stop this happening but i havent been able to find any yet.

Harden up brad! :P

Coming along quite nicely,

Not lookin forward to you overtaking me with power figures haha

that might take a little longer than i first though. still having trouble with the fuel pump and now my clutch is making really loud noises. i want to make sure eveything is ready before i go ahead and add 10,000 extra kw :P

fuel pump trouble seems to have cleared up. i now a have a trust T518z 10cm and a drift manifold on my car. pulls like a mo fo! next is engine management

good build, n yer u can buy some red slip on covers from repco for bulbs in the cluster, i done it to mine. they dont just have red, u can get blue, green, yellow i think, but red is really good, cuz it doesnt glare at night like blue, also changed the bulbs in my guages to red with them, so it doesnt glare, and trust its so much better

hybrid boost controller appears to have shit itself so i am using a cheap turbosmart bleeder for now. put it on the dyno and it was pinging on 14-15psi. plugged the emanage blue in and couldnt get a tacho signal so i think i will have to look at getting a power fc in the next few weeks. stay tuned....

got a replacement emanage blue and tuned the car last night. it made 180.9rwkw before the injectors and AFM where maxed. it feels really smooth to drive.

quick update. i now have HID's so i am no longer using candle power. looks awesome at night. i picked up my dba slotter rotors yesterday so hopefully will have them on soon. blitz brake pads to come soon.

06052008148.jpg

PC190556.jpg

looks hot in these 2 pictures.

dont go the clear indicators!

..i think the orange will go well with the gold rims and standard tail lights.

Hey Brad,

We're not the same anymore!

I've ditched the cobalt gauges for some blitz ones....... just need to learn bar readings instead of psi haha!

nice! i hear someone joined the 200kw club?

i installed a momo steering wheel about a week ago and it feels sooo good. gihly recommend it to anyone.