Sign in to follow this  
funfun

Had any rediculous offers before?

hahahaha ive got a story about when i was looking for a car

i saw an add in the paper so i call the guy up, i asked all the details and ask if i can come and take a look at the car

and his like are nash are u? and im like wat the f**k does it matter? then he goes oh i just dont want no lebo's coming to my house then i reply i aint lebo wat nash are u? and he goes lebo

f**k i laf so hard over the phone

LOLOL :lol:

I'm regretting the day (hopefully not soon) that I decide to sell my car...

^^^^

LOL - WTF is the difference between a bank cheque, $50 notes or $100 notes? Those 140 $100 notes sure sound like a better deal than a single paper cheque he otherwise could have got. What else do people pay in - fkn sea shells?

I'll give you an old sofa, some gloves and a box of raisins with only a few missing for your type X...

ill be abit for genous and give you some remy martin or hennysey lol

^^^^

LOL - WTF is the difference between a bank cheque, $50 notes or $100 notes? Those 140 $100 notes sure sound like a better deal than a single paper cheque he otherwise could have got. What else do people pay in - fkn sea shells?

I'll give you an old sofa, some gloves and a box of raisins with only a few missing for your type X...

and thats not all

the car that is for sale

asking price is 18k

ill give u 14k?????

Yeah, what's this f**king bullshit with cash? I prefer bank cheque myself!

When i was selling my pulsar i had the older arab trying to buy on behalf of his son convo went sothing like this

how much you want

4400 not negotiable

what you mean not negotiable

not negotiable

ah well work somthing out

nah

what if i pay cash

how else will you pay for a car like this

"..."

gronks ...sold it for more then i was asking for anyways because when some1 came and looked at it they reaslised how clean it was...

on the other hand there are to many dickheads that think their POS is imac and expect some big arse number for it...esp on car fourms

the car scene is never cheap but ppl seem to think cheap-skate offers will work.... well it aint going be .

If i sell it wont be drastically reduced <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P">

the main problem i recon is that there is so much money in society right now that lots of ppl dont even no why theyre buyin things. especially on cars, ppl want a hot car and dont actually hav an idea of what theyre looking at, therefor to them it doesnt justify the money.

same thing goes for buyin parts, theres the streeter- rice guys that buy intercoolers cos they will add 500hp and let ur car run 10 sec 1/4 mile but u can get em for 300 buks on sale so obviously a full house tube/fin jap kit should only be worth that much, where as actual performance loving track guys will respect the different cooling properties of cooler design (and yeh add the little name brand surcharge, but atleast accept it) and buy when they need it, not when paul walker and vin diesel say its one of the best performance add ons available

i got a story for you guys, my mate was looking for a s14a and he was being a little girl about it and making me call everyone, and i called this 1 guy from broadmeadows and when he picked up im like hi my names mike im just interested in your car for sale? he replies with how old r u str8 away? and im like 19 and he goes sorry mate im not selling to any1 that young. and hung up so i was thinking WTF this c*nts fkd so i called up again and had abit of a go at him before i could let things go and move on. what a cockhead.

Man your the wanker. If he doesn't want to sell a performance car to young kids, then that's his choice. i don't see why you had to ring up and abuse him.

I didn't sell one of my cars to this guy one time because he knew nothing about cars, and i knew by what he was saying he was going to trash it. Because of the time and effort i put into it, I told him no deal.

How about when i rolled my car off a rather large embankment, within a matter of minutes some jerkoff rather than coming to see if im ok came and said "ive gotta mate thatll take that off your hands right now for $1000"....WTF!!! yeah mate ill walk away, you clean that shit up and take it home. What a dick, the wheels alone are worth more than that never mind all the engine and bits and pieces.

Now ill admit im a cheap bastard but if you cant afford it then you cant afford it, dont offend people with stupid offers!!

Kagan

I still also can't understand people who think I'm a *richard cranium* for paying a couple of grand more for an absolutely 100% immaculate car over some beaten pos of the same model.

i got a story for you guys, my mate was looking for a s14a and he was being a little girl about it and making me call everyone, and i called this 1 guy from broadmeadows and when he picked up im like hi my names mike im just interested in your car for sale? he replies with how old r u str8 away? and im like 19 and he goes sorry mate im not selling to any1 that young. and hung up so i was thinking WTF this c*nts fkd so i called up again and had abit of a go at him before i could let things go and move on. what a cockhead.

Man your the wanker. If he doesn't want to sell a performance car to young kids, then that's his choice. i don't see why you had to ring up and abuse him.

I didn't sell one of my cars to this guy one time because he knew nothing about cars, and i knew by what he was saying he was going to trash it. Because of the time and effort i put into it, I told him no deal.

i agree there. when selling my old car sum kid wanted it as his first car and was all like i want to take this car, be a great flex it through the hills car. im like hmmm this kid is gonna ruin it. so i didnt let him buy it. ended up selling it to anotehr kid who lived out in the country and his dad was a car enthusiast as well so i knew it would be treated well. the kid i sold it to was quite excited to have a car and was very thankful to his dad who bought it for him. and thankfully i still see it around every now and then and its still looking nice.

What bugs me with sales is people that always say this: "Will you go less for cash".

Umm... how else are you going to pay for it? Credit card? They seem to forget that you can't just quietly slip someone 10k for a car, and avoid paperwork.

Edited by dualsyste

funny story with that... but it went the other way...

when i stacked my old sil, and only got paid out 7k.. i had already sold the rest of the shit on the car... needed to dump the shell...

my old boy wanted me to get rid of the car... not to buy it back from insurance for the $750 asking price, i had already transplanted the engine into my new shell that i got for 7k, where as the new car had +$4000 of work on it so i was already ontop..

sold other parts, rims, zorst, etc made a extra +$2000

i was very happy with how the situation had turned out and i was practically giving shjt away for free by this stage (eg: i sold the gearbox perfect for $150 to a mate of a mate)

all that was left was the rolling shell... gutted... my dad said pay someone $50 to take it away but i was adament of making the last bit of cash from my unfortunate accident...

a old mate from school who is also heavily into S13's etc wanted to buy it to build a drift car... i had a idea of how much i wanted but when he offered $1000 for the rest of the shell $$$ signs lit up in my eyes...

he was happy to pay that much.. 2 days later he rang.. kinda sounding sad... his dad spoke to him and said no i wont let u for that price to buy it... he said.. well sorry man i can only offer $600 for it i guess its no sale...

when i said yes sold.. he was shocked... he was stuttering.. "umm... well i wasnt expecting that... ok ill come now and get it"

hehehe :lol:

The thing is, when you get stupid offers, I paid $2800 for mine (then people give me the bullshit, 'oh, you paid $2800 for it, so I'll give you $2200')....mind you, $1400 or so for shipping, $1000 repairs to get it on the road, $550 rego, $1000 compliance, then you have customs, dock charges etc etc etc etc which added up to $8k, it's literally immaculate and people wonder why I fume at them when they offer $2000 or so! THAT's a stupid offer.

(then people tell me 'well that's maybe all they have, they want a cheap car they can repair and make some money off'. If that's all they have then they should f**k off and stop wasting people's time.

^^^

actually even funnier is when i bought the car for 7k (the shell)

EVERYONE says... "you got ripped off"

it was a S13 with:

new paint job (2 weeks old)

cooler

zorst

BLITZ EBC

2-way

GTR brake upgrade (5 stud)

$2k in suspension mods

MUCH MUCH MORE

the only thing was it didnt have a engine... and i transplanted the engine from my stacked car...

+ rest of money as said above that i made from selling parts payed 4 rego AND insurance

so pretty much NEW car with all those mods for 7K and ppl say I got ripped off!!!]

ahaha some ppl are tossers!

I also love the classic 'cars can't go up in value'. What kind of bs is that? Of course they can!

Also, they aren't willing to pay a price premium for cars that come up for sale every 6 months (instead of down the street falcons etc).

Don't forget how people say that you'll never get your money back on mods? That pisses me off. People are just too damn stupid these days, the car market has gone to shit because people aren't wanting to pay what the cars are worth.

aha this thread is classic

try selling cars for a living

man i've got close to strangling fu-cking tightasses at work

ah this thread is so full of truth it's not funny

but it does swing the other way to with people asking for way to much money for their cars when it's so apparant that you might have to spend a few g'z to fix some things.

to quote my uncle "some people sell cars, others try to sell you their problems"

Had some knobjock trying to sell a HR31 GTS-X for $11k, turns out he got bargained down to $5k. (Was a dealer). I said 'if you tried selling it at a reasonable price I would of traded you my S13 with a couple of hundred dollars on top' and also said I would of come in had he offered it for a reasonable price in the first place (say, $8k).

When you sell your car you usually put a price up that you would love to get, a price higher than what you think you will get. You are stupid in thinking that people wont try to put the price down. If you want to get a certain price on the car make it clear that you are firm on the price and write non-negotiable opr something. The buyer has all the power when it comes to buying cars. Say if you put a price up for a car say $15,000 thats the price you would love to gey. Youll be extremely lucky if someone comes and actually pays that much. Yeh there are some tools out there that are completely dreaming thinking they can nock you down heaps but if you think people wont try and nock the price down your dreaming.

Vozdra, it's a case of when you put a fully realistic price (which may even be a couple of k cheaper then what the car is truly worth) and you STILL have dickheads offering less, that's when we get pissed off! I'd rather put a realistic price on it that's non-negotiable rather then waste time with dickheads offering shit

Vozdra, it's a case of when you put a fully realistic price (which may even be a couple of k cheaper then what the car is truly worth) and you STILL have dickheads offering less, that's when we get pissed off! I'd rather put a realistic price on it that's non-negotiable rather then waste time with dickheads offering shit

well thats the thing unless you say you are completely firm on the price. People will probably try and nock you down whatever price you set. Because a lot of the buyers out there are stupid and dont actually know what the car is actually worth so they automatically think that the price that the car is advertised at is higher then what the car is actually worth.

Worst f**king thing is lets say someone sold a 180sx for say 20g, that says fully rebuilt engine with jap turbo kit, skyline brakes, genuine bodykit and light 3 piece rims and the f**king works, all mad genuine aftermarket stuff on it say pushing over 300rwkw.

Lets say they want 20, and all these jokers saying they can get 180s for 10k... they arent even in the same ballpark though as the modified one has prolly had over 40k spent on it.

I feel your pain mate, when I was trying to sell my 180 (decided to keep it), I had so many people arrange inspection dates and never turn up along with heaps of silly offers; including a straight swap for a stock V6 VN Commodore, stock Gemini, an N13 pulsar and basically every shitbox worth about 1/4 of the $ value I was asking under the sun.

S chassis Nissans seem to attract shitkickers in droves.

Amen to that simvegas! (But I can get a such-and-such for this, why should I pay more for yours)...when it's immaculate and so clean it shits daisy's

dam...some guys on this fourm offer me 2k for my 89 s13 auto n.a comeon i know it na n auto but 2k? come on...i said 4ks n told me to drop it down to 2k