Sign in to follow this  
180 wanabe

Brake rotor wear/groves

I've noticed that I seem to be getting a bit of a grove being worn into my front rotors

Its the same on both left and right rotors and I'm pretty sure that its also happening to the inside of rotor that you cant see unless the wheel is off and you stick your hear under/finger to look and feel for it.

From what the previous owner told them the pads are Ferodo DS2500 but I am unsure of the rotors. Thinking they are either DBA or RDA slotted ones

I know that when I bought the car a little over 12,000k ago I was told that all the pads were brand new and they looked it as there was plenty of meat on them when I looked at them.

I haven't done any track days yet other than some happy laps at QR. However happy laps are pretty tame on the cars brakes unlike doing something like sprints.

The only other thing worth mentioning is that the brakes are have been very squeaky and noisy from day 1 that I owned the car, however this is only an issue when applying very light pressure to the brakes at low speeds. Otherwise they seem pretty much normal, I was thinking that the previous owner probably didn't bother to apply any silicone or high temp grease to the non braking side of the pad.

There still looks to be plenty of pad left so I am confused as to why this is happening

rotor.jpg

rotor2.jpg

Edited by 180 wanabe

Ds2500s do wear groves in rotors, I swaped to project mu as the groves can cause a light shutter but I still rate them highly. Just a little harsh on rotors. The squeaking is nothing to worry about. Also happy laps at qr will give the rotors a hiding, long straights with medium consistent braking will get em nice an warm. None of this is anything to worry about. One thing you can do is pull the pads out and rough em up on the concrete.

Was not worried too much about the noise

However chewing groves into the rotors kinds of sucks :/

If ya breaks work perfectly, what sucks about it? Those pads work so well and I miss them lol, but I was getting shutter from the groves.