Sign in to follow this  
hYu

Can front R32/33 hubs fit onto S13/180sx spindle?

Hey guys,

I've been searching around many forums and haven't really found a very definitive answer on this specific topic especially since it seems everyone has a different name for each part and it's hard to understand. So I've attached a photo to be more specific. Sorry but I'm still a noob with this kinda stuff, but just want to do the job right first time.

Currently looking at parts to buy to do 5 lug conversion on my S13 (just the front for now), there's a few people selling some R32/33 front axle assemblies including the lines, rotors, callipers, hubs and knuckles... I know from the guide that most of the R32/R33 brakes (rotors and callipers) will fit after putting on S14/15 5 stud hubs, but I'm wondering if the R32/33 wheel hubs themselves would fit onto the S13 knuckle spindles after removing them by taking out the wheel bearing lock nuts.

That way I can just buy the one part without screwing around with S14/15 hubs and LCAs, or getting aftermarket ichiba hubs and the like.

Has anyone ever specifically tried this before?

Cheers

post-152849-0-10721200-1395365719_thumb.png

Edited by hYu

Skyline front hubs are noone's friends.

S13 knuckles only fit S13 hubs. You can buy S13 5 stud conversion hubs, which use the OEM bearings, so easier to replace.

It's pretty easy to just pick up complete S14/S15 front end - LCA, knuckles, hubs, brakes.

Yeah the skyline front hubs have the wheel bearing nut go on from behind to start with and the hub itself is for a wishbone setup not mcferson strut so isn't even close to fitting. Your options are aftermarket spindle from justjap or wherever, or a s15/14 hub,with shims put in the strut mounting holes. Or drilling out your struts a bit. Then swapping the ball joint on the lca with an r32/33 one.

I see, thats a bummer.

Not even S14/15 hubs would fit onto the S13 spindles?

Problem is my car has ABS, it's there so I figured I might as well keep it. I could get those ichiba 5 stud conversion hubs but they don't have the abs rings on them...

I might have to go with the S14/15 front end route after all then. They're not too hard to find if you got the money of course, which I'm lacking a bit.

Cheers, thanks for your input.