Sign in to follow this  
DR1FT HAVEN

sr20de to sr20det

i currently have an sr20de in my 91 silvia and was wondering if i can make it turbo or if i have to change the engine to a DET? is one easier, cheaper or betetr than the other?

cheers.

nope not only is it impossible its proberly the most illegal thing you can do to your car in all 50 states exluding alaska and hawaii of course

look into buying a turboed one instead

You will get fired out of a cannon into the sun.

Dont do it, just keep it NA, keep it Real.

yes.......... it can be done

man you could turbo charge a f**king hair dryer if you really wanted to, just depends on how much trouble and $$$ your willing to spare, and how much of a wanker you are

but in your case i'd suggest selling the car and buying a turbo sil or 180, you can pick up an absolute steal nowadays

if i was you i would be looking into a holden 186 converison for real

Its possible with getting a turbo manifold, turbo + lines, piping, computer, injectors. But in the end it would be more simple to just chuck in the sr20det.

You should really be posting questions like this in the silvia tech section, instead of the general chat section. Just like with all your other topics in here, you would get a better reply there and stop fu*king every one off.

did you do a search, im positive iv seen a thread like this not long ago????

did you do a search, im positive iv seen a thread like this not long ago????

you lie there has never be3en one of these threads :angry:

and dude no yoiu cant turbo a non turbo im tying to tell you man why doesnt anyone believe me it cant be done

dude dont believe these crazy fools!!! it can be done. Look up U.S. drag civics on google. turbo vtec's never came from the factory!!! but hey its not worth it as the cooling bores through your block on a sr20de are too small compared to an sr20det. plus it will cost u more. screw a low psi supercharger on you will get 20% more power approx.

keep it real as in NA if you dont want problems

your wrong your all worng i tells ya

there all jsut after your money

PS PRESS MY AVATAR FOR HAPPY TIMES

yeh its possible.. why not..? sr20de and det are almost same engines i think.. u just need a new head gasket, manifold, fuel pump, and maybe change the 4 stub to 5 stub..

when it comes to pricing.. i think its a lil bit more cheaper to do it than a engine conversion..

if u throw a sr20det in it.. it will save u alot of hassles i guess..

haha street forced leave leave him alone. Of course its just another person saying i want to do it...let them think they will...

The reality is they wont do it

and i thought this was a friendly community, it can be done, a mate of mine had a ca18de put a bolt on in it and was running fine

and i thought this was a friendly community, it can be done, a mate of mine had a ca18de put a bolt on in it and was running fine

how long did that last?

there is a number of threads about this hell i think there's even a sticky somewhere. its no as easy as you think and some would say its a lot less headaches to just do an engine transplant

def don't turbocharge your SR20DE.

and i wouldn't swap the engine unless u've already spent thousands on the car and u really don;t wanna buy a turbo version.

but just keep it N/A or buy a turbo version, modded cars are already a headache, those kinda engine changes will just bring more...

yeah do it - just need a turbo and manifold off a det, and rising rate fuel pressure reg. plumb up an intercooler, tap your block for an oil return for the turbo and get it tuned. mates bmw with de+t made 140rwkw, datto 1600 de+t made 120rwkw all with everything else standard (except exhaust). with aftermarket computer can make heaps more. 2 of my mates have them in corollas with 160rwkw and 180rwkw with haltechs. sr20de's +t are far better for drivability cos of the higher compression - just dont put as much boost into them

and what about the oil pisotn squirters on the inside of the block?

you will need lower comp pistons or a decomp plate

or maybe jsut run areally think metal headgasket?

may need to adjsut timing

and if your gonna run the dizzy then your gonna have more troubles

its not jsut here nbolt this on

i mean it can be done and it will work

but not very well

or not as well as it could.

dont bother with it unless your prepared to spent about 6-7k on a rebuild

if your not going to do that then jsut buy a det second hand for 1500 or so stick it in and have soime fun

dont forget the better brakes suspension diff and things like that

have fun

ps. you will always end up spending more than you budget for, there is always hidden costs.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C-RED Tuning in WA do a few of SR20DE + T cars( Red S14, Blue S15, Red Sil80(maybe). but they dont just bolt the turbo on, they rebulid the engines, and build it with higher comp ratio (like na tuning) and proper turbo sizing and boost restrictions and suitable tuning, so as to retain good off-boost response and torque from low down. see numerous HPI issues and i think they were in some Hot 4's as well for the atricles on the cars.

to complete the conversion you need a T88 turbo otherwise it wont work, and the engine has to mount up to a mack truck gearbox

^^^^^^^^ LOL.......

anywayz, if you're goin turbo, sell the SR20DE and sell the cams to me =)

My mate did this, two men in black suits, confiscated all his thingas, and flashed this bright light in his face, and programmed his memory to think he drove a Hyandi Excel.

My mate did this, two men in black suits, confiscated all his thingas, and flashed this bright light in his face, and programmed his memory to think he drove a Hyandi Excel.

i trierd to tell him didnt i

i did warn the guy i said "man dont do it they wilkl get ya" and now look what happend

they got him