Sign in to follow this  
Agent 0

Lancers

I'm looking at buying a '98 Lancer MR, although I've heard mixed views about the reliability of Mitsubishi's. I was wondering if anyone has driven this car and whether they're worth purchasing?

i know a few girls that drive lancers . . . . . they are pretty gay

So how much are you looking at? like $16,000?

I think there are better options in terms of reliablity and performance, guess it depends on what you're looking for though...

From what i heard the Magna's are very reliable but the Lancer's are pretty decent when it comes to reliability.

Even if you the engine goes you could always throw a 4G63 (evo engine) i'm not sure if i got it right. Might cost you an arm and a leg but can be very fast.

Once i was sitting in a Evo 6 1/2 back when they were rare, we came across a sleeper Lancer lowered gold intercooler and evo5 engine it blew us away!hahah we were shocked!. found out later that car runs 11's high 12's LOL.

man lancers are fukn gay

chances are that by getting a second hand one, yours would come defiled with the gay rice that seems to have infested all lancers of that period, and extremely fukn gay rice at that.

lancers are just fukn gay

Badly modified lancers or even modified lancers do suck. But if you buy one and leave it the way it is i cant see you having any problems with it. Very reliable. I thrashed a 95 day in day out for 2 years. The new kid that owns it dose the same.

theyre a top car for reliability, but its the same with any car, treat it well, maintain it and look after it and itll take you anywhere/anytime for as long you have it.

I'm looking at buying a '98 Lancer MR, although I've heard mixed views about the reliability of Mitsubishi's. I was wondering if anyone has driven this car and whether they're worth purchasing?

where u located I have one for sale in very good condition its actuualy a 2000 model VRX (limited)

also with a custom boot / sound system etc...

man why would you be on this site if your an aspiring lancer boy, lancers are not peformance cars in any regard, they are gutless pieces of shit, out of the 8 or 9 cars i've owned my lancer was the most resented.. i had a $2000 1981 cortina that went harder

i'm actually selling mine. 98 mr white lancer.

Very flickable. VERY fun to drive. Practical boot, fold down rear seats, nice interior. Small and nimble, 1.8l manual's suprise most people. shitload of aftermarket parts.

The v6 from the fto bolts in, and dropping in a full evo turbo engine and 4wd system has been done, a lot, not too expensive either.

Wicked car. only reason i'm getting rid of mine is because i have the 180sx now, and dont need two cars. (Works a 10 min walk away while its in the shop).

Mines not really on the market yet (Adelaide) as i'm still using it, but they are awesome cars

LANCERS= RICE

say no more

I think your looking for www.imaricerboy.com

PLEASE contact me and buy something else - please, do it for Australia.

most lancers have drum brakes...... not good

my friend wrote his off the other day.. bout all it was good for

it had the stick on chromies from supercheap the fullysick subwoofers so it was all like doof doof

ohh and the neons

RICE

i got a 94 lancer glxi for sale. lancers are reliable, just slow, very slow. was thinking about putting an evo engine in mine but would rather get a 180 or skyline

if you put a fat muffler on it and a cotton filter then those engines pull big numbers! about the same as a ca18det

i built this 2001 CE lancer, it only had the shitty 4G15 (1.5L) but i didnt buy it for speed, i bought it for an everyday driver but like most people i couldnt help myself and had to spend some money on making it look like a nice cruiser, if you get ther 1.5L version dont bother with any engine mods as it costs a shit load to get power into it, if you do get a 1.5L then do an engine transplant with the 1.8L 4G93 out of a gsr lancer

they are great on petrol and very reliable, i had mine for 2 years and maintained it very well and all i had to replace was a water pump

DREAMD3.jpg

My gf has a Magna. she had it already for 2 years. its great. decent power. decent breaking. so i dont thing mitsubishi is bad name.

As per LANCER shud be great on fuel economy and untill u save up for a silvia it shud do ur job. at the end of the day u gona be driving it.. lets just say that lancer is better then mirage and hyundai..

alot of negatavitiy towards lancers... Ive driven one for 5 years before my s15 still have it too lol.

tbh they are damn reliable, cheap to maintain / good fuel eco and go kinda easy on the eye.

I drive a Mitsubishi and i have for nearly 2 years now.. i have never had to replace or fix anything on the car its so cheap on petrol and easy to drive. I highly recommend them!

Oh and stfu alot of people on this forum dont own nissans or japanese cars so shut up!

yeh thats cool if ur either a girl, 60+ years old or a raging homo

a girl i know has one. in that god aweful green colour. nice car to drive - smooth but no guts. its very plasticky. seats are not too comfy but are not too bad. gear box is funny, doesnt like to be in low speeds (less than 50km/h) its kicks around as if it cant make its mind up on what gear to be in. also they have a oil leak issue in the main reservoir. nothing to worry about, but get used to the engine looking oily and dirty and an oil patch on the floor. front wheel drive (i think). no electrics windows. a/c was good.

over all a very mediocre car. good for a daily driver or p plater or girl. not for a big male. parts are sometimes expensive, insurance was cheap.