Sign in to follow this  
HOJ11

Hey guys,

i'm trying to update my avatar and everytime i select a new file and hit update, it keeps coming back with the existing avatar image. It won't refresh to the new one, no matter how many times i try! It's soooo frustrating! I can't figure it out!

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Hoji

try uploading it to an external host site ie photobucket and then link to it rather than upload directly. This worked for me.

Your avatar might be to big so might not be loaded. Trying making it bit the proper avatar size and see what happens.

i'm having the same problem. Try and upload it from my computer and it updates the dimensions of the image but still grabs the old image. Got a mate who's never been on NS.com to check to see if my avatar had updated and it was still displaying the old one.

So something is going screwy with the avatar updating. I'm trying to use animated gifs. Using the built in avatars on the site works fine.

The gif i'm trying to use is only 12kb and at around 120 high by 67 wide so its within the restrictions.

Using Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.9

I've just linked to it from an external site to use it as my avatar and it works fine......

try uploading it to an external host site ie photobucket and then link to it rather than upload directly. This worked for me.

ye the avatar update feature has been an issue for awhile.

if u have a new avatar you wish to update as ASHMAN says it only works if you copy the url and paste it accordingly.

Other wise if u upload it direct from your computer no matter if its within the specifications in size and dimensions it still wont work :no:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this