Sign in to follow this  
m&m

m&m's place

Hi, this is "Benny". Had a great time working out with the guys this morning. It was good to get an idea of where I am at as I have never lifted properly before (1-2 months of slack gym work a few years ago). I was quite happy with how it went although I think I need a fair bit of improvement on the bench. I have been told by alot of people how much m&m knows, I agree, and after my 1st workout I am very greatfull for the oportunity to train at his gym. Even if it does hurt as much as it does now to type!! LOL.... :o

Sometimes I even hit one muscle 5-7 times a week

Thats not a muscle its an organ :lol::lol::lol:;)

Sometimes I even hit one muscle 5-7 times a week

Thats not a muscle its an organ :lol::lol::lol:;)

:lol:...........................:ph34r:

A little about Benny.I first met Benny when he was a teenager,he is a friend of a friend.He is a mesamorph,has a great frame with low bodyfat.

He plays baseball,he is a pitcher,which is where he gets his explosive power from.His strength in the squat and bench was good for a first time effort.During his powercleans I explained what he was trying to accomplish,place his forehead on the wall behind,all the while keeping his arms straight for as long as possible.

To powerclean over bodyweight first time you try is amazing,considering fatigue must have been setting in by then.The fact that he plays such an explosive sport was of great benefit,as I 've heard weightlifting coaches say they can take months to teach swimmers how to powerclean,as there sport is not very explosive in comparison to others.

His lowerback and hip strength is also very good.A 165kg deadlift on your first attempt is pretty good lol.

He will do better in the strongman comp rather than the Powerlifting.

Yes it was amazing to watch Benny lift those weights, considering he never lifted before. He made the Power Cleans look so easy, well done mate.

A little about Herc.When he first came round about 6 weeks ago,I tested his 1RM at the powerlifts.After some tweaking,he totalled 330kg,only after he did 40kg over his PB in the deadlift after some adjustments.

He went away with a new routine and he trained,which is quite different to what some do in the gym,checking some of the journals its hard to find a system,just a mix of favourite movements and max attempts.

He didnt attempt any PB's,unless he actually had got to that training weight.He arrived at my place ready to have a crack at PB's,seeing his routine had run its course,so we could gauge it's effectiveness.

He put 70kgs on his total in 6 weeks,and let me tell you,he had lifted to his max 6 weeks ago because he actually failed on deads and bench.

Well done Herc.Squatting 3 plates,benching 2 and deadlifting 3 1/2 in such a short time is fantastic progress,not to mention 20kg on your powerclean as well.

Very quiet tonight,Max trained first,then I trained alone,like a ghost town.

Very quiet tonight,Max trained first,then I trained alone,like a ghost town.

That's because we are all in rehab from that undiscribable, fowless smelling anal gas you exhuast with absolutely no shame and total pleasure. Is this normal proceedure if your consuming a supermarket on a daily basis? :wacko:

I'm fuelling up as I type,has your nostril hair grown back.Cant wait to spot you on the bench Grant.

A little about Herc.When he first came round about 6 weeks ago,I tested his 1RM at the powerlifts.After some tweaking,he totalled 330kg,only after he did 40kg over his PB in the deadlift after some adjustments.

He went away with a new routine and he trained,which is quite different to what some do in the gym,checking some of the journals its hard to find a system,just a mix of favourite movements and max attempts.

He didnt attempt any PB's,unless he actually had got to that training weight.He arrived at my place ready to have a crack at PB's,seeing his routine had run its course,so we could gauge it's effectiveness.

He put 70kgs on his total in 6 weeks,and let me tell you,he had lifted to his max 6 weeks ago because he actually failed on deads and bench.

Well done Herc.Squatting 3 plates,benching 2 and deadlifting 3 1/2 in such a short time is fantastic progress,not to mention 20kg on your powerclean as well.

Thanks Markos, honestly I can't thank you enough for all your advice and time over the last 4 months. I feel I'm very fortunate to have met you and been able to train at your place.

All I know is that your training routines work, in 4 months I have hit PB's in all exercises. Previously I had spent years in the gym and never even got close to lifting these type of weights. I love the fact I'm getting stronger each week, and want to see how far I can push myself.

Cheers.

Very quiet at the Temple of Squat today.

Mrs m&m squatting down to an 18cm block with 55kg and 15kg of chains hanging off the bar.For 5 sets of 4.Try that sometime.

Huge m&m cleaning and then pressing the 40kg kettlebell for 10 reps.

Little girl m&m's doing towel chins,a towel thrown over a chin bar,grip the towel and chin,they think its fun.They're 9.

A bit hot for the footballers and mirror athletes me thinks,but I guess they will post up an excuse,just like the one for missing Mondays workout,had to work late and my farts stink.

Hopefully should see some activity on Wednesday.Fingers crossed.

Very quiet at the Temple of Squat today.

Mrs m&m squatting down to an 18cm block with 55kg and 15kg of chains hanging off the bar.For 5 sets of 4.Try that sometime.

Huge m&m cleaning and then pressing the 40kg kettlebell for 10 reps.

Little girl m&m's doing towel chins,a towel thrown over a chin bar,grip the towel and chin,they think its fun.They're 9.

A bit hot for the footballers and mirror athletes me thinks,but I guess they will post up an excuse,just like the one for missing Mondays workout,had to work late and my farts stink.

Hopefully should see some activity on Wednesday.Fingers crossed.

Your pet Gerbal ate my home work. :yes: Had to do it again

Well,it was a real beehive of activity again tonight.No less than 6 people trained before I got a chance tonight,I will have to finish my workout tommorrow.

First Benny trained,then Luke,Grant and a new guy Corey,then Max,followed by Jesse,by the time I had helped all of them it was near 10.00pm.I only completed 1/2 my workout,bench & chins,will press & curl tommorrow,followed by squats and cleans on Friday.

Benny did 6 chins with the Rolling Thunder handles and Corey did 5,great effort.

m&m post pics of this "rolling thunder" device....I have a similar "rolling thunder" device attached to my body given to me by god but I don't think we're on the same page here :ph34r:

:lol:

Hey,if he's not going to use them he might as well talk about them lol.

its been a while since i posted.. its great training with benny and corey aswell now... jinglebells(aka ben)ill leave the xplanation to u markos... is a machine. as for what herc was saying about always breaking pb's, i couldnt speak more highly of what markos has done for me to date... the advice he has given me and what we have achicved in the short term is unreal cant thank him enough... now that im conditioned to these 12 hour days markos ill be there again rain hail or shine cya tomorrow night for training

80% of your posts include something about you genitals lol, talking the talk but are you walking the walk HAHA

..............She doesn't know I took this :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:,

her head was stuffed between some pillows so, A. my parents didn't hear her moaning, and B. so she didn't see the camera lolLOLlolLOLlol

hehe i love it mate, thats absolute class, the question is....when are ya gonna post up some front shots of her ;-)

"eagerly awaits for those shots"

Hey m&m, quick question:

how long approx do your workouts last?

About an hour,depends on how many of us are in there,but an hour would be tops.

Really busy in there tonight.We had Grant,Luke,Benny,Corey,Spiros,Nina and me,with Max training after us.

Spiros hit a 190kg rock bottom squat,which is a PB raw,he has done around the 230kg suited up at 100kg years ago,Luke hit a 100kg squat a few times,Benny hit 101kg for a double,Corey is doing sets of 8 with 60kg in the squat on his second squat session.Benny just missed 90kg in the powerclean twice.Max cleaned 52.5kg at 51kg bodyweight.I hit a 170kg squat,90kg military press and a 100kg powerclean.

Nina has to train alone because none of us can keep up with her aerobicaly,with her stupid kettlebell lunges,swings and step ups,plus her farmers walk.She is in a cutting phase at the moment so she is doing higher reps with more taxing excersises.

190kg raw *shakes head* insane.........:woot:

Just out of interest how much could you big fellas squat if you only went to parallel?

I'm sort of getting annoyed watching that "Kara Bohigan" chick on youtube squatting 500+ (*250.5kg :blink: :blink: :blink:) pounds to parallel and she looks like she weighs

->> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC6e0GvBFc8 <_>

190kg raw *shakes head* insane.........:woot:

Just out of interest how much could you big fellas squat if you only went to parallel?

I'm sort of getting annoyed watching that "Kara Bohigan" chick on youtube squatting 500+ (*250.5kg :blink: :blink: :blink:) pounds to parallel and she looks like she weighs

->> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC6e0GvBFc8 <_>

That 190kg he did was so easy I'd say he could squat 210-220kg right now.In fact,he was going for 200kg next set but I was waiting to squat,we use different pin heights,and I told him to piss off and do it next time.

What that chick does is not a squat,especially using all that gear,the depth is not legal,but since there are so many federations now,they all let shallow squats pass so they can claim the record in their federation.Its gone to the shithouse.

The question should be,what could SHE squat using our style???

Forget feet 4" apart,not even close to parallel,suit,knee wraps,belt,bar half way down the back,you couldnt even recognize both movements as squats.She squats that way to limit the distance the bar has to travel,we squat our way to build muscle,horses for courses.And Spiros is drug free.

Hey Markos, first time in a week and a half I have able to take a step without having to worry about my quads ending up around my ankles!!! Looking foward to Wed night, I think I am going to have a crack at 110 kg squat (on my way to beat Brett's 125kg record and beyond). I also have to start cutting as much as possible before "you know what", on Christmas day. LOL :blush::lol:

Benny 2shoes has to pose for a picture every Xmas for a female admirer that lives in the U.S.She thinks he's cute and buff.His wife doesnt mind,so everything is cool.

What do you mean Wednesday night,WTF happened to Sunday/Monday.

Got any shirts left Benny,the guys on here love em.