Sign in to follow this  
skuma

Speakers 180sx

Hi guys, Just wanted to ask a few simple questions:

1. Whats size are the front and rear speakers on a 180sx (sr20)

2. What should i get as an upgrade?

I got some old stock ones and they are shocking and on the way out. I want some decent new speakers that can pump some bass.

Thanks

Edited by skuma

Can't go past a set of pioneer splits for some fairly decent sound which isn't to expensive.

If you want bass though might be worthwhile investing in a sub and amp also.

the fronts are like 6x4s and the rears are some fkt up size like 5x7s or something weird like that

I think they are 4*6 or 4*5 all round. I was lucky enough to find a pair of cadence that were a straight swap for the rears. I installed jaycar response 6 1/2 splits in the front, which is fairly easy to do. You just need to make up some brackets for the woofers.

yeh they are 4.5's or 4.6 all around... wat i did was copy the stock plastic plate and made another but flat.... iss much better

well i got a 180 recently, and i got weird arse size speakers

same for front and rear....they were like 3X6's or sumfing like that....best thing for u to do, is to get a jigsaw (around 30 bucks) and some ply or mdf and make some custom mounts.....(chuck a search....)

and get like 6 or 6 and half's in for the door.....

the rears however.....i basically found some 3X6's so yeh.....lucky i guess....but still had to adjust the bracket a bit.....

good luck any how......

~~

I have a set of 6 by 9 pioneer speakers from my old p.o.s, if i worked out a way to fit them in the back, could i jsut attach them to the exsisting wireing? If i have to re do the wiring i wont bother, its not that bigger deal for me.

it's some bogan size like 5x7s or some crap all round....

I took mine out the very first day I got my car, cut up some MDF spacers, and popped in some splits.

Use the factory speaker as a template, and make it slightly larger so you can accomondate your aftermarket speaker.

i managed to fit 6x9s in the front door trims, n these new cadence 4x6s in the rear pods. fits perfectly with minor adjustments to the door trims. (and rear pods)

Edited by RGDWPN

Personally I find fitting 6x9's a waste of time since the size of the door cavity reduces the bass that 6x9's are made for.

For speakers throughout the car you cant beat splits in the front (alpine are the best ive heard, type x are wicked but expensive, make sure you mount the tweeter closer the the dash as it will give better clarity) Splits in the front allow awesome clear highs and nice strong low bass through the 6" speakers, they also come in 5 and 1/4" size which would most likely fit easier into the 180.

In the rear depending what setup you run, install some 7x10s which will require custom mounts or pre-made spacers .. 7x10s (ive heard kenwoods and they are good, but soundstream or alpine would be better for sure) give really deep base, about twice the bass a 6x9 would and dont take up to much room! ..

Now if you are running subs in the boot, dump the 7x10s and install 6" speakers (not splits) in the rear parcel shelf and then subs off a mono block amp in the back. Power the splits and 6" of a amp if you want some decent sound (loud)

Hope that helps, stick to alpine, soundstream and rockford. Alpine for speakers, subs can be expensive, soundstream for amps and rockford for subs.. all of them make exceptionable sound tho!

i am in the same situation i put shit in it to cover it but i intend on just getting 6.5 splits and 6 by 9's tweeters and a amp and thats it