Sign in to follow this  
Marko

trust t518z

hey guys. Im planning to buy a new turbo for my sr20 and originally i had my eyes set on the garrett 2871r but i've just been on nengun.com and seen that the trust t518z is $1900. Anyone know how many rwkw i could get out of this turbo on an SR? Is this turbo the same size/characteristics of the 2871r?

Another Q. Does this turbo come with 8cm rear to suit s13 sr's coz the website doesnt list it?

t518z on nengun.com

id like to know as well... because im tossing up between a t518z 10cm or a GT-RS... they are both rated at 400ps

Hey

Great Turbo as most will tell you. I had the 10cm and was able to get 260RWKW @ 22 PSI with HKS Stage 1's. Wound it back to 250 as the bottom end was standard.

Some will say the 10cm is laggy but i never found it to be.

Hey

Great Turbo as most will tell you. I had the 10cm and was able to get 260RWKW @ 22 PSI with HKS Stage 1's. Wound it back to 250 as the bottom end was standard.

Some will say the 10cm is laggy but i never found it to be.

Thats the power figures im looking for. Wat rpm did u hit 22psi and wat revs did the power curve start to flatten out?

pay the extra $100 odd and get the full kit ($1900 is turbo only) ie braided oil line and the blocking bolts for old water lines.

8cm more responsive than the 10cm, comes on boost earlier but won't have quite the same top end

on the 8cm expect to see 1.2Bar by 3,800rpm

genuine peak power 240-250rwkw

Well just remember the full kit including the braided lines and gasket is $2023 add on delivery + GST and the price will be closer to $2400. I fitted a 2871 for about $1620 (turbo + gasket kit), used all the standard water and oil lines.

At $2150 + Duty + GST, the T518z isn't good value for money of late. I'd considering it roughly on par (or perhaps inferior in some ways) to the GT-RS but since the Garrett 2871Rs (52T) are a good deal cheaper than the Trust (& HKS for that matter), I'd be recommending it everytime. And yeah I have a T518z.

Yeh I made a thread about this recently and decided to go with the GT2871R in 52trim with .64 exh housing.

In the end it came down to price and I liked the smoother delivery of the power with the garret (from all the dyno graphs I looked at).

Trying to track one down now.

Cheapest so far $1650 delivered with 12month warranty.

i have been in 2 different sr20 180 with basically the same supporting mods and tuned by the same person. only real differance was one has gt2871r and one had t518z.

both felt great and responsive, t518z felt like it really wanted to keep pulling far beyond redline.

numbers are only trivial, any turbo can look good on paper, but in terms of fun and driveablility, t518z was the winner for me.

Hmmm interesting find there wokstrx7. Usually its the other way around, the 2871R should have a slightly better top end unless it was the 48 trim.

hey guys. Im planning to buy a new turbo for my sr20 and originally i had my eyes set on the garrett 2871r but i've just been on nengun.com and seen that the trust t518z is $1900. Anyone know how many rwkw i could get out of this turbo on an SR? Is this turbo the same size/characteristics of the 2871r?

Another Q. Does this turbo come with 8cm rear to suit s13 sr's coz the website doesnt list it?

t518z on nengun.com

there is no S13 kit, but it fits with minor mods. i have one (8cm) on my silvia. The best bolt on turbo i have ever had the pleasure of using. That said i dont like the seat of the pants experience of a GT-rs.

t518z on nengun.com

there is no S13 kit, but it fits with minor mods. i have one (8cm) on my silvia. The best bolt on turbo i have ever had the pleasure of using. That said i dont like the seat of the pants experience of a GT-rs.

what is it about GTRS you dont like compared to the Trust unit?

^^maybe the way it comes on boost so hard? slightly laggy then boom!

^^maybe the way it comes on boost so hard? slightly laggy then boom!

Yeh i wouldnt mind it if it lagged a little and went nuts at 4000rpm. Does anyone know a rough price on the 2871r kit with new actuator, gaskets and braided lines? I have a t25 so i need the right actuator and new lines.

i have been in 2 different sr20 180 with basically the same supporting mods and tuned by the same person. only real differance was one has gt2871r and one had t518z.

both felt great and responsive, t518z felt like it really wanted to keep pulling far beyond redline.

numbers are only trivial, any turbo can look good on paper, but in terms of fun and driveablility, t518z was the winner for me.

that woulda been mine 180 with the t518z?? the tune it had at the time was for a td06 so was nowhere near perfect. even still, I found it to be an awesome turbo in terms of its power delivery and driveability. properly tuned the power curve doesnt have a big dropoff near redline, it just levels out so still feels like it wants to keep on revving instead of dying in the ass.

would hks step2 cams go good with a t518z 10cm or step1?