Sign in to follow this  
vibe

s14 gear box to s15 gear box

well not my whole gearbox is gone, just the reverse gear but speaking to a mechanic he see's no point in just fixing the one gear when "most likely" the rest of the gears are going to go soon.

so this is my s14a 5 speed.

if i was to fit a s15 6 speed in replacement what modifications would be neccesary?

it would be helpful if we could also include approximation cost including gearbox prices.

while im here, how much should i be looking at for a gearbox both 5 and 6 speed?

any other advice is much appreciated.

S15 gearbox is not as strong as the S14 5 speed.

They also cost more.

I reckon the best option is to see how much to rebuild your current gearbox Vs buying another S14 5 speed.

^^^^ Correct

Dont bother with an S15 box, best option is probably to source a second hand s14 gearbox. :yes:

Should only be about $400 at the most

that would require a mechanic to open it up, see if it is reparable or not and take alot of time.

would anyone know what kind of price comparison it would be for lets say:

reverse gear repair and new gear box

if the price difference isnt to great then the quicker option would be my choice. considering you cant really pick up a second hand reverse gear, that needs to be brand new from nissan compared to a second hand box

Find out how much to fix your gearbox, but I dont think it would be worth it when you can pickup

another box for only $400 if that. It will be quicker than repairing yours too :)

^^^^ Correct

Dont bother with an S15 box, best option is probably to source a second hand s14 gearbox. :yes:

Should only be about $400 at the most

$400 where you shopping the best price I have got for a s13 sr box was $650 with out warranty only garrenty it

was not fault

Hi,

Don' bother with S15 box, it needs a dual mass flywheel, has different bell housing and the tailshaft is diffrent length.

Try PAR Engineering: http://www.par-engineering.com/

They rebuild S14 and S15 gearboxes (and lots of others).

S14 box will cost roughly $850-$1000 to rebuild with the new synchros.

You will also have to pay $450-$500 for labour to pull the box out and put it back in!

Cheers! :rolleyes:

Edited by Silvia_Streak

whats the deal with cross-gear sets? iv read they cost arround 2 grand but what is really changed in them? would this fix problems associated with a normal gearbox rebuild such as this?