Sign in to follow this  
Guest DSR20R

Do you regret spending all that money modifying your car?

The modifying game!  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regret spending all your money modifying your car?

• Yes, it's such a waste of money, there is always going to be a faster and better car
    • No, loved it, so worth it!
    • Should of bought a house

Quite funny this topic as i have been thinking alot tonite about why i even have this car that i can barely afford... But god damn its worth it :)

Clint

I have no regrets its my hobby to modify my car and waiting to see the finished product, its far from it and lots of work to do, just wish i had more money to complete it :D

Edited by FUS30N

its worth every penny...

house is always the better option...

Just sold my S15 that I bought for 40 and spend 30+ on while I had it. Really enjoyed it and would not take it back but f*ck it hurts when you sell it and really realise all the money that you loose. Moral of the story is to love while you are doing it and never expect to see one cent of the money you have spent on mods again.

only regret i have is not doing it right the first time

2nd time of redoing mods... at the moment

and i luv every inch of my car :D

Yea its ineresting! I'm dying to modify my car, but small things stop me.

Why spend 10-15k on top when u can buy a better car with that money!

If you start modifying you won't stop, more problems, more parts etc

or

Spend it on a piece of property! But I don't want to do that although deep down I know its best!

Buy a property with a huge Garage!! then mod ya car :D

the feeling of regret dissappears the moment you hit boost

Why did you sell it? Did you acheive everything you wanted?

Yeah I did. Got the car running consistant 11's on stock bottom end. Buying a house now and having kids in a few years so pouring thousands into the car is off the cards for a few years at least. Certainly do not regret spending the money as I loved racing the thing but it just hurt to have to let it go for 26k.

BTW it compression tested @ 170 across all four and was in A1 condition in and out. The guy who bought it got a bargain. Never thought it would be so hard to sell an S15.

I did both, its not that hard to do. I just don't get to spend as much a week on the mods as I'd like to.

great topic. Biggest upgrades I did was stuff like a good intercooler but because I was on high boost, it probably saved my turbo and engine from blowing, So its kind of a money saving mod.

nope no regrets..... i can buy a house when i'm older - i'd rather that than being 45 and driving my rice car around... ;)

no regrets :no:

each car I have modified so far has been worth more,

and I spend more on it each time.

Wouldnt have it any other way...

Why do you have to sell a car? If you've achieved all you want, wouldn't you keep it? I plan to keep my S13 for a LONG time!

Yea its ineresting! I'm dying to modify my car, but small things stop me.

Why spend 10-15k on top when u can buy a better car with that money!

If you start modifying you won't stop, more problems, more parts etc

or

Spend it on a piece of property! But I don't want to do that although deep down I know its best!

when your young the car u have is usually the best u can afford..and u like it and end up modding it =/ i too dont want to mod my car anymore but cant help it. i know i should buy a house and things so i've just budgetted this year. finished working one year, put 3k towards mods and thats it. rest is going for a house...but i do regret it cos i want a new car now! so like u said...its a no win situation.

Why do you have to sell a car? If you've achieved all you want, wouldn't you keep it? I plan to keep my S13 for a LONG time!

i thought i'd want to keep my s14 for a long time too but now i see others buying f3cs's (silkishuge) and s2000's and i realise i dont want my s14 anymore and want one of those :( but then i realise that i need to do house first so thats y spent that 3k on mods when i know in my head i dont want to keep the s14 for too long..so its like handing over money when u dont want to or know its a waste.

now everytime i see an f3cs or an s2k i always get envious and think 'ok i can probably put my car up for sale now and get this much and take these parts off and get this much etc and only dent the bank account this much'.

i try to avoid looking in the FS section cos i get tempted too much...(ie. with bt-revolutions evo 6.5).

in regards to my gtr, if i wasnt goin 2 sell it, no way a waste of money, what a machine and i love it, but as circumstnces changed over time, if i knew id eventually get over jap turbo cars i wouldnt have wasted my time, effort and cash! next car, 2000 merc clk 320! already got leather, all i need is wheels and a nice av setup and thats all im after. f**k this jap shit :P if i wanna go fast ill jus take my rx3 out to the track ;) already got myself a unit and f**k wat a mission trying to pay 4 that and spend money on cars and have fun :(

i have sepnt around 15k but the mods have slowed down in the past few years because i needed a deposit for the house which now i have. my suggestion get a good income first and then you can afford both. i still play around buying parts for the car while paying off my mortgage for the next 30 years

Need a neutral choice, obviously I didn't love it but don't regret it.

End of the day (as in selling the car) I'll be completely stripping the car before it goes and replacing it with a stock front cut etc, keep my shit put in another shell or sell it either way, won't be a big loss compared to selling the car as is.

Yeah every so often... then you go for a drive and it all seems worth it.

At least till you work out that you could have had a house deposit with what you have spent on it haha

Good topic guys! I'm sure this is on every young mans mind, I have been struggling with this for a while now.

I finally have enough for a deposit on property and managed to keep the s13, its hard but doable. We are also forgetting running costs, these things drink fuel and generally cost more run/insure than standard cars, but hey! when that fag in the 5.7l is watching my silvia fishtail in front of him off the lights the look on his face makes it all worth it :P:D

Meh your only young once, i am 23, have aid off my car and starting to do mods now, and if i really wanted to i could put a depisit on a house, but i want to make my car faster and go overseas more, it all about your priorities

its the bug... :(

when i see my car sitting in the garage for a while, i think it needs something new, :P

my financial rape has just begun (i'm not raw yet). i do have a plan of sorts however. since my car is financed, in five years when it is paid off i can refinance it as a deposit on a house (not that any mods will be coming out of the mortage or anything!) at this stage i am still in control of this addiction so i'm gonna say its worth it but check in with me again in a couple of years....i am not known for my self-control!

i dont think anyone here will regret it because they wouldnt of bought an import if they do

the only money i put into my car is the extra money i make on the side doin job's for friends which is actually alot, so my pay i try and save most of it and anythin extra goes towards mods but i have almost finished my car so i can start putting more money away for a house ;)

with the way house prices have been going up, I feel like i have missed an opportunity to really generate some equity and secure my financial future.

lol, yeah you look back and think wow could have bought a s15 or a supra by now

Edited by RobinW