Sign in to follow this  
NeedARide

Ca18det gearbox interchangibility

is the non turbo ca18 box the same as a turbo box?

It will bolt up just the same, but it is a bit if a downgrade in strength (nothing real serious).

What are you trying to achieve? Extra strength, or saving money on a replacement?

is their any one out there that can show me how the internals compares to ca13det,sr20det and s14 sr20det gearboxs with pics

ca20 gearbox out of pintara?

didnt think they were RWD cars

so it will bolt right up?

im just loooking for manual conversion and all the boxes ive seen look shit house and most need rebuild.

price is another very mportant factor

can the ca20 box handle power output of a ca18det considering they werent designed for it, would i lose power in any way?

pinnys are rwd...

they are like 150 bucks from a wrecker, when they break replace it.

ca20 boxes look quite a bit different to ca turb boxes though.. can you confirm they fit spandex?

is their any one out there that can show me how the internals compares to ca13det,sr20det and s14 sr20det gearboxs with pics

Dont have any pics but I have seen em all with housing off (CADE, DET SRDE and DET) and they are exactly the same and interchangeable with the only mod being the swap of bell houring from CA to SR.

There is already plenty of information on these forums regarding this topic. I don't see how you are unable to find it via the search function, as it's a fairly simple procedure.

Anyway, FS5W71C, Look that gearbox up. This is what the CA18DET is using. I'm sure with a bit of research through your future friend www.google.com you will be able to know more.

CA20 bluebird box, no (length/shifter different)

CA20 S12 box, no (Length/shifter different)

CA20 Pintara box, yes.

CA18DE box, yes.

CA18DET box, yes.

Other combinations of bellhousing swapped gearboxes are also possible as stated previously.

yeh the searches all say the nissan pintara ca20 will match up. not the s12 gazelle.

Im assuming that all the other bullshit will match up once this is done? ie a manual conversion (crossmembers, TAILSHAFT in particular, hydraulic lines...)

also which pintaras are compatible, i have come across the r31 pintara and a 1990 onward model pintara/corsair.

did only one model come out with the ca? what year?

thanks heaps ppl

yeh the searches all say the nissan pintara ca20 will match up. not the s12 gazelle.

Im assuming that all the other bullshit will match up once this is done? ie a manual conversion (crossmembers, TAILSHAFT in particular, hydraulic lines...)

also which pintaras are compatible, i have come across the r31 pintara and a 1990 onward model pintara/corsair.

did only one model come out with the ca? what year?

thanks heaps ppl

Yes, R31 style Pintara with CA20. People have previously stated that a Gazelle (S12) and Bluebird Series Three (~1985, RWD) will bolt up, which it will - to the block only. There are other differences with this type of CA20 box.

R31 Pintara box is the go. I've already said it many times before and its still always going to be 100% direct fit!

would i perhaps be able to use the master cylinder and lines off a r31 too? any other parts that could be used?