Sign in to follow this  
SR2O

S15 differences - All ADM & JDM OPTIONS LISTED

Although the same base car, there are many differences and modifications that were made to the S15 for sale in Australia, in general the Japanese market received a larger amount of "options" as well as got offered the option of a folding hardtop convertible known as the "Varietta"

In terms of pricing ADM S15's tend to have a higher resale. Pricing from highest to lowest for S15's usually goes - Spec R GT, Spec S GT, ADM Spec R, ADM Spec S, Varietta, JDM Spec R and JDM Spec S. The prices are obviously dependant on Kms, condition, options, modifications, history ect.

Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) Silvia S15 Options:

Types:

Spec S

- SR20DE (Non Turbo)

- Manual 121kw, 175nm

- Auto 118kw, 175nm

Spec R

- SR20DET (Turbo)

- Manual 184kw, 275nm

- Auto 164kw, 275nm

AUTECH Varietta

- Metal Hard Top Mechanical Folding Convertible (only non-turbo)

Importing to Australia is available for 1999 and 2000 models

Available in a 6 speed manual (Spec R), 4 speed auto (Spec R/S), 5 speed manual (Spec S)

LSD - manual has helicial, auto has viscous

Gauge cluster - 180km speedo (speed limited)

Limited edition orange gauge cluster (rare)

T28 ball bearing turbo

Badging is slightly different e.g the 'S' on the bonent

Rear wiper blade (taken off ADM to lower costs)

Leather steering wheel with 'S' badge in the middle

Digital climate control (again taken off Aus spec to lower costs)

HID headlights

A pillar boost gauge (taken off to meet ADR)

Aero kit - Frontbar, sideskirts, rear pods, wing, eyelids

Vanity mirror in passenger sun visor

Foglights

Courtesy lights and chimes

Electric folding side mirrors

In dash popup satelite navigation system

Door Tweeters

Optional HICAS

Various factory sound systems e.g. mini disc

Various interior trims e.g. blue, red and black material and also leather

Various factory optioned exhaust systems, rims, shocks/springs, sway bars, strut braces etc

Weather shield

Exhaust heat shield

Sunroof (rare)

*Note that JDMS don't come with ALL these options, you'll usually get a couple of them.

Australian Domestic Market (ADM) 200SX S15 Options:

Types:

Spec S

- SR20DET (Turbo)

- Manual 147kw, 265nm

- Auto 147kw, 265nm

Spec R

- SR20DET (Turbo)

- Manual 147kw, 265nm

- Auto 147kw, 265nm

Released in 2000, the ADM came in Spec S and Spec R trims however there is no mechanical difference with the exception of LSD - manual has helicial, auto has viscous (both 147kw,265nm ) the difference is in the accessories.

Available in a 6 speed manual and 4 speed auto.

ADM has a different gauge cluster - 260km speedo (not speed limited)

The Spec S usually came with no bodykit, no sunroof and a basic headunit. The Spec R came with bodykit, sunroof and a 6 stack headunit.

A GT varient of both the Spec S and Spec R was released in 2002 to use up the remaining shells as it was no longer in production. The GT editions had the same options as the normal Spec S and Spec R with the addition of leather seats, chrome door handles, chrome boot surround, GT badges (from the R33) aero wing, chrome wheels, alloy pedals and an upgraded sound system.

JDM and ADM Specifications Table:

post-1-1164725130.jpg

12_1.JPG

2b_1.JPG

96_1.JPG

S15Specifications.jpg

JDM has mirrors in the sunvisors - adm did not

the verietta was an autech made car

jdm and adm exhaust system differ in length by 1in (can't remember which was longer)

Thanks for that Khoala, pretty sure that covers everything.

The reason why the ADM version was created anyway was because sales of the S14 were slumping due to the improvements in the Subaru WRX.

Also the failure of the very expensive R32 GTR, left Nissan with a bad taste in their mouth and officials were sceptical about releasing a more expensive sports car than a WRX so budget cutbacks were made in order to improve competitive differentiation. ie. cheaper turbo, removal of rear window wiper, no GPS etc. etc.

A rumour that it was because we had poor quality fuel compared to Japanese fuel is just a cover up. NZ has worse fuel than us here in Aus, but S14s sold very well as well as the Skyline. So no modifications were ever introduced.

Basically we got ADM S15s because to compete with the Subaru WRX which was exploding in popularity at the time.

Article updated.

Added "JDM and ADM Specifications Table" all figures taken from official Japanese, New Zealand and Australian sales brochures.

what's the different between those LCD, helicial and viscous?

the injector sizes are diffrent too fyi :)

man where can i source a genuine areo kit front bar wonder what cost too haha!

is ADM Spec S still LSD ?

FANTA - ADM Spec S is helicial LSD for manual, the automatic however is viscous

JDM has mirrors in the sunvisors - adm did not

the verietta was an autech made car

jdm and adm exhaust system differ in length by 1in (can't remember which was longer)

True to exhaust system ... found out the hard way just yesterday! Also the mounting bracket next to the cat/front pipe end differs aswell.

^^^

care to add which way? is the adm longer or shorter?

JDM cat is 1 inch shorter.

I had to get one as my exhaust system didn't fit properly with the ADM cat.

So what would you need to change on a ADM S15 to get the power up to the quoted JDM spec cars? Ie. is it just the turbo that was changed or injectors, fuel pump, ecu etc?

hey i just recently brought a JDM S15 with the navigation system in it , wanting to know if i can take the radio head unit out with damaging the fliping of the tv in the car???? if know anyone that has this???

hey i just recently brought a JDM S15 with the navigation system in it , wanting to know if i can take the radio head unit out with damaging the fliping of the tv in the car???? if know anyone that has this???

If you take out the head unit you will not be able to open/close the popup screen. It controls radio, TV, navigation, cd etc. You will have to have a button retrofit in order to make the screen open and close again, I'm looking into this. PM if you have any other questions regarding this as I have pulled the entire thing apart and know it pretty well.

small difference

the fuel gauge stays on when car is off on the JDM, ADM it goes past E when off

Just thought i'd add this one in

Autech S15

Autech made another S15, it's an SR20DE with pretty much all of the better parts from the spec r's, 6 spd, helical lsd(taller gear too), turbo brakes and a heap of other things that autech added.

Best part about the car though is the engine, it peaks at 200ps(149kw) at 7200rpm!!!, a bit higher than the det peak of 6400rpm, this is helped by a comp ratio of 11.7 and cam upgrades(270deg in 256deg ex). 1kw more than the det and slightly less torque, not bad really for an NA.

Just thought i'd add this one in

Autech S15

Autech made another S15, it's an SR20DE with pretty much all of the better parts from the spec r's, 6 spd, helical lsd(taller gear too), turbo brakes and a heap of other things that autech added.

Best part about the car though is the engine, it peaks at 200ps(149kw) at 7200rpm!!!, a bit higher than the det peak of 6400rpm, this is helped by a comp ratio of 11.7 and cam upgrades(270deg in 256deg ex). 1kw more than the det and slightly less torque, not bad really for an NA.

I know I own one Sweet rides

hey jus a question wats d difference between a helical and viscous diffs? n wat if u hav a manual with viscous diff or auto with helical? as it was mentioned dat manuals cum with a helical and autos cum with viscous...

When it came to JDM there were the turbo version (spec R) and the non turbo version (spec S)

The non turbo 'SR20DE' had the Larger throttle body. 60mm

The turbo 'SR20DET' had the Smaller throttle body

Us ADM spec S15's got the smaller of the 2 ... cause there ain't any aussie spec non turbos, HA!

the injector sizes are diffrent too fyi :)

man where can i source a genuine areo kit front bar wonder what cost too haha!

injectors in the manual - 440cc

in the auto - same as S14 - 30cc

Aero bar from Nissan in about $1400 bucks - ouch

from importers, a few hundred less if new. For 2nd hand, maybe 1/2 price but rare as hens teeth.

Sign in to follow this